Messari is the leading provider of crypto market intelligence products that help professionals navigate crypto/Web3 with confidence. We bring transparency and smarter qualitative and quantitative analytics to the industry by combining a global research database with a comprehensive suite of data visualization and asset discovery tools. We help drive smarter participation in crypto from individuals and institutions alike.
The name “Messari” came from the Franciscan monks who declared "clean books" a moral imperative during the renaissance and pushed merchants to use proper accounting methods. This led to the flourishing of investment via "trust but verify" methods and industry growth throughout Europe. That's what we aim to do. Provide participants, investors, builders, platforms, and everyone else with reliable information to better participate in the crypto ecosystem.
Our users range from some of the most prominent analysts, investors, and crypto individuals to top organizations including Coinbase, BitGo, Anchorage, 0x, Chainanalysis, Ledger, Compound, MakerDAO, and many more.
As a Governance Specialist, you will be responsible for monitoring the DAOs covered on our proposal tracker, and the DAOs and tools listed on Governor. This position is the perfect opportunity to enter the DAO and governance crypto space and learn from one of the industry’s leading research teams. Analysts will curate and analyze all proposals based on our internal process and assist in peer review of analysis from other team members.
This position will allow you to gain exposure to multiple facets of the governance process and understand how proposals move from early discussions to execution. You will also be providing product support to give users real-time updates on new proposals and changes as they progress through the governance process.
Please note that at this moment we can only hire US-based candidates for this role. To be considered, please answer the questions that are part of the application.
What you'll do
- Become an expert in understanding governance models and the unique nuances of each protocol's governance process.
- Update internal systems as proposals move through stages and provide synthesis and analysis of important proposals.
- Monitor, curate and summarize governance proposals and their implications.
- Ensure that all updates are added in a timely manner and that information is accurate.
Who you are
- Career experience or a proven track record of work in the crypto industry with preference given to candidates that have actively participated in governance or conducted research in the space.
- Understanding of how proposals move from early discussion to off and on chain vote and how they are executed.
- Ability to synthesize complex proposals and provide concise summaries for readers.
- Incredible attention to detail and ability to quickly react to changes in proposals and update internal systems while providing concise synthesis of events.
- Time management skills to ensure that information is accurately provided to our customers as soon as it is presented in the governance process.
Salary Ranges for this position (depending upon experience) is $80,000 - $95,000
What you’ll love about Messari.
We understand in order for you to do your best work, you need the resources to stay healthy, recharge, and feel like you have ownership in the future we are building.
- Competitive Salary and Employee Stock Options: Everyone in our team contributes to the success of our game-changing products, which is why we share all our wins company-wide. As we continue to succeed, stock options and a competitive salary mean you get to enjoy the upside!
- Health, Dental, & Vision: We care about your well-being so we contribute to the cost of your health benefits. Messari covers 80% of your health, dental, and vision!
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Use pretax dollars for any health care needs.
- Life Insurance: Provided to you at no cost, with coverage up to 1x your Annual Salary.
- Disability Insurance: Offering Long-term and Short-term disability to provide a portion of your income during times you are unable to work!
- Flexible Time Off: Forget accrued PTO days. We believe in the power of personal time, so we offer as much flexible time as you need. Just clear it with your team and bon voyage!
- Paid Parental Leave: We encourage you to take care of your little one! We provide 18 weeks for primary caregiver / 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
- WeWork: All Access Pass.
- 401k: 3% Match when you invest in your future with our 401K.
- Flexible working life and $500 WFH set up allowance: Work-life balance is important. Whether you want to work from home or come to our office in New York the choice is yours. To help you get comfortable working from home we’ll assist with a $500 contribution.
- Community & Social Events: Messari is a community, we work hard, and bring each other up! Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates.
- Learning and Development: We are dedicated to your professional development. We contribute $1,500 annually for you to invest in your continued education.
- Health & Wellness Perks: Work-life balance and your wellbeing are important to us. To contribute to your mental & physical wellbeing we gift you a brand new Whoop and a subscription to Headspace, as well as Health Advocacy as part of our Employee Assistance Plan.
*As Messari is a fully remote company hiring candidates around the world, our perks and benefit packages may adjust based on your location.
Join our Global, Fully-Remote Team
We believe in building services that help people around the world engage with crypto and seek out talent that can broaden how we build for a diverse, global audience. At Messari, we welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, socioeconomic status, religion, age, marital or parental status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.Register to Apply
Please let Messari know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg