- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - United States only
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $75 – $120/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - Long-term
Our client is looking for a passionate top-class game server engineer who can help bring their vision into reality. If you know all the details of how backend systems work for a large-scale metaverse and massively multiplayer online (MMO) games, believe scalable backend systems play a critical role in the metaverse experience in the next decade, and want to seize the opportunity of building what could possibly become one of the largest crypto-centric metaverse platforms in the world, they look forward to hearing from you!
What they look for in you:
- 7+ years developing multiplayer game server or alike
- Clear understanding of multiplayer game framework such as colyseus
- Great knowledge of how client and server should be designed from an anti-abuse perspective
- Deep understanding of database technologies and associated backend architecture
- Extensive experience shipping consumer-facing applications
- Meticulousness in the code you produce, including how you measure success of each commit
- Excellent communication skills that enable you explain what your code change means to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Passion in building an open metaverse platform that onboards millions of web2 users to web3!
Bonus point if:
- You have experience in cloud rendering related technologies.
- You have good knowledge of Unity WebGL client development and its complexity.
- You’re familiar with the crypto ecosystem (DeFi, NFTs, identity, staking, or more).
- You've worked in a startup environment.
- You speak and write in Korean.
What you will be doing:
- Work closely with CTO, VP of Engineering, designers, game producers, and engineers to implement our open world metaverse experiences.
- Design and implement the communication protocol between Unity client and server.
- Design and implement game state management service.
- Design and implement leaderboard backend functionality.
- Interact with blockchain engineers and collectively decide what components should be on-chain vs off-chain
- Architect and implement off-chain stateless and stateful service components.
- Collaborate closely with in-house game developers to implement world game logic on the server side.
- Partner with SRE to ensure smooth deployment in production.
- Research and prototype new and upcoming metaverse technologies.
#PL-BT #LI-BTRegister to Apply
Please let Braintrust know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg