Full Stack Engineer
Today, from the moment you connect to the internet, most websites focus on learning everything they can about you. In Web 3, the moment you share an Ethereum, Bitcoin, Solana, or Tezos wallet address with anyone, you expose your entire on-chain transaction history to the world.
To us, this is crazy. We should have complete agency and control over what stories we share and how we share them. We believe the same should be true on the internet. This is why we are stewarding the development of Tari, a default-private digital asset protocol.
Tari is unique with a highly intentional design. Our mission is to make it easy for developers to create and deploy Web 3 interoperable applications that are highly scalable and secure without spending months on audits.
In addition to stewarding the development of this new protocol, we are building the first application that will use it. This app is Yat, a new censorship-resistant internet identity system that enables everyone to use a personalized string of emojis as their universal username.
Why emojis? Over 90% of online users on Earth use emojis every single day. They are genuinely our global language. We use them to tell stories and connect with others in a beautifully simple way. Yats create a system that allows people to own a single emoji or string of emojis that best represents them. Yats are owned by whoever creates them and are an internet freedom product. Imagine a world where we all own self-sovereign emoji identities that are self-directed, deeply censorship-resistant, and cannot be canceled.
What if instead of johnsmith535, someone could be 🔥🐉 or 👑 🎳(kingpin) or 🦄🤖💃? They could use this unique emoji username to do the same things they could do with a standard username, like sending or receiving money, chatting with friends, or creating a website. This would change how we connect. Instead of one-dimensional email addresses, usernames, or phone numbers that say nothing about us, we could express ourselves in truly remarkable ways. The possibilities are endless.
At Yat Labs, we are building an incredibly talented and dedicated team to make Yat the preferred form of self-sovereign identity for everyone on Earth.
Yat and Tari are the brainchildren of Tari Labs; the fast-growing startup focused on building privacy and pervasive privacy technologies for everyone on Earth. They were both co-founded by Naveen Jain (who also founded Sparkart). They are backed by Blockchain Capital, Pantera Capital, Multicoin Capital, Trinity Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Canaan Partners, Slow Ventures, and many more of the best investors in the world.
This role is 100% remote.
- You’re a highly talented Typescript/NodeJs/fullstack engineer and are looking for something different: Perhaps you’ve just exited your previous startup and are looking for the next big thing. OR maybe you’ve worked at a Fortune 500 tech company and are looking to bring your skills to a smaller organization where your skills and experience can really move the dial.
- You like getting your hands dirty with database work and neither Postgres nor Redis make you sweat.
- You have worked on highly scalable, high-performance software platforms, such as crypto exchanges, content delivery networks, ad delivery networks, instant messaging, MMORPGs, or similar low-latency, high-data throughput, and concurrency-focused environments.
- You have an incredible pedigree in delivering succinct, high-performance code.
- You should be comfortable and highly experienced in participating in development, code reviews, producing unit tests, helping with test automation frameworks, and understanding modern continuous deployment concepts and technology.
- You love the startup environment’s nimbleness and can handle the pace and change that comes with it.
- You can provide good time estimates and can deliver high-quality work on time.
What You’ll Do
- Build pixel-perfect, fluid, and delightful UIs across the web and mobile interfaces.
- Carry out code reviews.
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
- Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers.
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- 6+ years building highly performant, rich websites - please share your portfolio with us.
- 4+ years experience with React.js, Redux and Webpack.
- Knowledge of design patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
- Proficient with git / GitHub.
- Organized, able to be self-managed, and able to collaborate across teams spread over multiple time zones.
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take design and wireframes provided by the UX team and author professional and maintainable code that follows best practices.
- But honestly, your portfolio is what counts.
- 100% Globally Remote
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Flexible work schedule and paid time to create your work/life harmony
- An international team of highly talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- The latest technology and equipment to do your best work from your home office
- Be an OG in a young project that is already making 🌊
If you’re a curious and passionate person, we want to hear from you!
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In other words, we only care that you’re the best person for the job.Register to Apply
Please let Yat Labs know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg