Founding Blockchain + Smart Contract Engineer EVM Solidity
Link to apply and be considered for this role: https://www.paraform.com/company/axel/cl6r10v6u08850glb88lr6pjz/apply
Axel builds developer infrastructure for the future of finance. We’re unlocking financial freedom for everyone, starting with the developer. As the leading universal and composable decentralized finance infrastructure platform, we’ve built the world class developer tooling needed to make building on the blockchain frictionless.
Our culture is at the core of everything we do. We're obsessed with building teams that are intentional about what they create and empathetic through their process. We know that Axel is not possible without trailblazing, caring, and collaborative visionaries, so we've curated an environment that makes you excited to come to work each day and build a product we're all proud of — together.
Axel is extremely well funded from phenomenal investors and some of the brightest minds in technology, giving us many years of runway and the ability to pay competitive salaries, offer great benefits, and provide meaningful equity.
Axel is building out smart contract infrastructure to scale our financial platform. As one of our initial smart contract engineers, you will be joining a team of hyper talented engineers to architect and build protocol infrastructure, proxy and interface contracts, open-source smart contract libraries, and more. You'll be responsible for bringing the same level of security, speed, and stability from our existing financial infrastructure platform to our smart contract infrastructure. The contracts you build will quickly become a platform for thousands of teams to millions of users globally.
At Axel, we believe the magic happens when we’re in person. Our headquarters are based in Silicon Valley. If you are not based in the Bay Area and want to be IRL with the team, we can help you relocate or fly you to the HQ on a regular basis.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Build leading blockchain infrastructure. You’ll be building out Axel’s core smart contract adapters and proxy/interface contracts to support our API, as well as Axel’s public smart contract libraries.
- Scope and lead complex technical projects. You’ll architect and design smart contracts with an emphasis on readability, security, performance, and scalability.
- Architect simple solutions across complex systems. You’ll be driving standardization in crypto protocols by defining and designing seamless interfaces.
- Maintain world class security. You’ll write, deploy, and test secure smart contracts and maintain them in production.
- Set new standards for financial innovation. Build secure smart contract protocols and backend services to support Axel’s APIs and connect Axel’s developers with the decentralized finance ecosystem.
- Play as a team. At Axel, engineering is a team sport. In a week, you might mentor other engineers in high leverage Solidity/EVM topics and best practices, or you might be pair programming with other engineers. We're looking for builders who are committed to working together to build an incredible product.
- Lead by example. Develop and take ownership on best practices for EVM protocol upgrades and versioning across different networks.
What We're Looking For
- 2-4 years of backend development experience
- 1-2 years of Solidity smart contract development, including mainnet production deployments of non-trivial protocols and related security audits
- Background in Computer Science or a technically related field
- Proficiency with Solidity, the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), wallet interfaces, and RPCs
- Experience designing, building, testing, deploying, and maintaining high traffic smart contracts
- Experience with cutting edge developer tools, such as Hardhat, Foundry, Solmate, Ganache, and/or Truffle is preferred
- Ability to balance shipping quickly with building secure, robust, scalable infrastructure
- Experience working with startups and fast-paced, ambitious environments
- Passion for decentralized finance and blockchains
- A “can-do” hustler mentality, being a former founder, or building side projects is a huge plus
Please let Paraform know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg