Finance Manager, Canada
Kraken Digital Asset Exchange
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto.
Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption.
But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions.
Kraken is backed by investors including, Money Partners Group, Hummingbird Ventures, Blockchain Capital, and Digital Currency Group, among others.
"We are empowering people to live simply, efficiently and more connected to others. We put our clients’ best interests first and foremost. They are at the heart of our company and drive everything we do. We believe in having a laser focus when pursuing our strategic goals and participate only in markets where we can make a significant contribution. We believe in complete transparency, deep collaboration and we never forget that people come first. Having this mindset allows us to grow and advance at a rate which others cannot." Jesse Powell, CEO of Kraken
Did you know that Kraken is now over 2,500+ fully-remote people from around the world? And we're hiring hundreds more in 2022 #werehiring #cryptocareers
About KrakenAs one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explainedto find out more about us!About the Role: As the Finance Manager, Canada, you have the responsibility for ensuring sound financial management, governance and reporting for Kraken’s Canadian marketplace. Working with the Managing Director, Canada and in tandem with Kraken’s global finance team, you will have the responsibility for ensuring smooth financial management for Kraken’s Canadian business.You are an ambitious individual who is excited by the challenge of solving tough, often ambiguous problems in this dynamic space. You are able to make well-informed recommendations based on data and analysis. You can communicate your findings and recommendations verbally and in concise and actionable reports. You are not afraid to ‘roll-up your sleeves’ to get things done within a small team.The role is based in Canada (remote).
What You'll Do:
- Lead management reporting, forecasting and financial management oversight for Kraken’s Canadian entities
- Working with the global finance team, support the preparation of financial statements for our Canadian entities, as the Canadian subject matter expert
- Responsible for building and executing all statutory and regulatory reporting requirements related to the Canadian legal entities, working with the global finance team (e.g. FP&A, Accounting, Treasury, Tax)
- Ensure successful annual audits for Kraken’s Canadian entities and support any applicable changes required
- Support Kraken’s Canadian growth and strategic objectives through analysis such as LTV/CAC
- Be responsible for FINOPS compliance and any relevant regulatory audits
- Act as the CFO of our local entity in Canada and be involved with the relevant internal governance committees and decision making bodies
Who You Are:
- A Chartered Professional Accountant in Canada (CPA, CA)
- Experience with financial reporting with such entities as the Ontario Securities Commission, and Canadian GAAP/IFRS requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- High-energy individual and self-starter who is comfortable working in a dynamic environment
- Minimum 7 years of related experience, ideally with a mix of public accounting and FP&A
- Passion for cryptocurrency adoption and personal experience with crypto strongly preferred
Location Tagging - #Canada We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Kraken Culture ExplainedFollow us on TwitterCatch up on our blogFollow us on LinkedInRegister to Apply
Please let Kraken Digital Asset Exchange know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg