Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
Block is looking for a dynamic, creative, and organized individual to join the Executive Operations Event team. You will report into our Internal Events Lead, and take on a much-needed body of work collaborating with the Executive Operations organization on producing events and continuing to grow the internal event program that serves our distributed workforce. You will oversee the full collection of EO events, and support company-wide programs both in-person and virtual. Events will vary in size, location, and type - so you will plan multiple events at the same time across the globe!
We are looking for someone who has a natural passion for creating team experiences, building new things, enjoys taking on new tasks and projects, and someone who executes at a high level in an energetic and human-centric environment.
- Manage events coordinated by the Executive Operations Team. Partner with EAs to produce team events including venue/vendor sourcing, communications, and overall logistics.
- Solve for current event needs at hand, propose scalable events solutions, and build a new and elevated event management resource for EAs at Block to partner with.
- Build a more robust resource center for events which includes:
- Enhancing current program tools (tracking form, website, and slack channel) to identify more ways to educate users of the event program.
- Building a vendor database that houses event specific information (Catering, SWAG, Hotel, Venue, etc).
- Creating location-based guides and templates for more efficient planning.
- Solving for event storage and equipment.
- Provide in person event support for high-impact, leadership-focused, or large team events.
- Manage budgets, vendor payments, contracts and operations, and reporting on spend to ensure payment for vendors.
- Project manage working teams per event (AV, IT, Workplace, Trust & Safety), providing clear direction to improve coordinated efforts and execution.
- Partner with Internal Events Lead to execute company-wide and core specific events.
- 3+ years of experience as an events professional or creative role with transferable skills; ideally within fast-pace technology companies.
- Experience supporting a variety of different teams and programs within an organization.
- Intermediate/Advanced level understanding of event management scope and planning process.
- Experience tracking multiple events, hosting events within the workplace, planning offsite events, and vendor/hotel selection.
- Strong presentation skills that can be conveyed and coordinated to event partners.
- The ability to organize and prioritize workflows, often interpreting data to guide decisions.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Full proficiency with Google Suite, including Google Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Forms, and Slides. Bonus if experience with JIRA, Asana, and Canva (or other similar software/project management tools).
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $103,900 - USD $126,900
Zone B: USD $96,600 - USD $118,000
Zone C: USD $88,300 - USD $107,900
Zone D: USD $77,900 - USD $95,300
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits Include The Following
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
Please let Block know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg