Who's behind 1840 Ventures?
We're a global team that loves to build and solve big problems. We are a Venture Studio that collaborates and partners with Entrepreneur’s-in-Resident (“EIR”) / CEO to bring big, transformative solutions to life. We are co-founders in every 1840 Ventures business – vested in their success in every way. We combine this with our global managed marketplace of experts, our partnership with one of the largest startup accelerators and access to early-stage capital. 1840 Venture’s unified yet diverse culture keeps us continually learning and improving.
At 1840 Ventures, we bring together the brightest minds to create global breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
So, why now?
A significant shift has occurred within today's startup ecosystem, and with it, startup incubation and acceleration as we know it has drastically changed. At 1840 Ventures, we see the startup world not as survival of the luckiest, but in the strength of a structured methodology and a variable cost ecosystem. A Silicon Valley headquarters should no longer maximize how companies gain access to capital because great ideas and capital are everywhere. 1840 Ventures exists for the democratization of startups assistance and the pure capital efficiency of scaling the best ideas to solve the largest problems at light speed.
About This Role
This leadership position will be responsible for accelerating of a new business opportunity within the Fintech Pre-Seed Startup, blockchain based ERP Startup. This is an opportunity to lead an exciting new startup within our new business accelerator function in partnership with Enry’s Island - Europe’s 6th largest business incubator and accelerator.
The Entrepreneur-in-Residence (“EIR”) will be responsible for all aspects of delivering on the business goals including initial product fit and roadmap, strategic partnerships, and go-to-market. This leader will work cross functionally with engineering, research, marketing and sales as well as customer support and services to validate (or invalidate) growth opportunities. You will need to be adept at cross organization alignment, program management, as well as customer engagement and marketing. Key performance indicators include on-time, on-budget, on-quality delivery of the roadmap commitments, as well as execution against the short- and long-term goals of the business.
The EIR will interact with industry partners to enable startup growth, and interface with functional partners (Legal, HR, etc.) to achieve objectives. Executive presentations and customer briefings are part of the job commitment so attention to detail and excellent communication skills are critical. Finally, this leader is expected to set a vision with the team and lead with a sense of urgency while modeling the 1840 standards of leadership.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Start and drive the new venture, contributing to market analysis, crafting sales strategies – basically anything related to building new business opportunities around technology innovation.
- Provide strategic leadership through direct and indirect reporting relationships for project teams developing novel solutions.
- Create strategic and tactical operations and resource plans, goals, and priorities for the teams.
- Oversee deliverables, schedules, and costs for the projects, ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and that goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets are met in accordance with organizational metrics and business plans.
- Engage with program managers, engineering teams, sales, marketing, supply chain, technical leaders and executives to communicate program status, escalate issues, and guide and influence strategic decision-making and execution.
- Manage and develop executive relationships with partners and lighthouse customers; identifies opportunities for strategic growth and development.
- Drive and foster organization-wide performance standards, expectations, and practices to support ongoing team member and process development; exemplifies 1840’s leadership standards.
What You’ll Need (Knowledge And Skills)
You possess an unparalleled work ethic with a high sense of urgency. You take ownership of everything you do, are proactive and follow through on commitments. Furthermore, we expect that you have:
- Advanced leadership skills including coaching, team building, conflict resolution, and people management
- Deep business acumen, technical knowledge, and industry experience encompassing one or more technology, business, sales, and/or product domains.
- Understand go-to-market including pricing, marketing and creating/leveraging of key sales capabilities.
- Organizational and strategic management skills, including strategic vision, executive/marketing communications (written, verbal, and presentation) and planning/forecasting.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage teams across diverse geographies and functional areas to drive workforce development and achieve desired results.
- Advanced relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting with executive/C-level roles for internal and external partners.
Education And Experience
- 7 or more years of related work experience - ERP Systems
- Have experience from a start-up, consultancy, or top tier organization.
Preferred Education And Experience
- 10 or more years of related work experience
- Have acquired a Bachelor or Master’s Degree
At 1840 Ventures, our workforce deserves fair and competitive pay that meets them where they are, no matter their location. With scalable benefits, rewards, and perks, our total rewards programs reflect our commitment to inclusivity and access for all. Because a good life brings great innovation.
At 1840 Ventures, you’ll enjoy:
- A material equity plan commensurate with your experience and contribution
- FlexWork - you choose where you work - from your home, the beach, or a Starbucks
- The ability to create the next unicorn
- Access to initial pilot customers
Register to Apply
Perks are nice, but perks don’t make a company or individual successful - the work does. At 1840 Ventures, we’re building businesses to solve some of the most challenging problems of our time to leave the world a better place than when we entered.
At 1840 Ventures, we're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please let 1840 Ventures know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg