Who We Are
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 30 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Miami, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan. Even though this role is listed in San Francisco, we are remote friendly and believe in you working wherever you work best.
About the Opportunity
The Engineering Director, DevOps Engineering position is a senior leadership role responsible for overseeing and guiding the development and operation of the Okcoin technology infrastructure
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead and develop a team of DevOps professionals with a focus on enhancing the cloud experience by improving the overall speed and security.
- Responsible for Engineering Platform architecture, design, and automation to ensure high availability of the business applications.
- Identify, evaluate, and implement tools / technologies to drive automation and optimization of version control, configuration management and CI/CD processes
- Provide hands free approach to Platform provisioning & Operations.
- Recruit, develop, and retain talent to build the next gen DevOps team and ensure the staff has the skills and capabilities to meet development needs
- Drive adoption of standardized SCM and CI/CD processes and identify, implement, and track key metrics for visibility
- Build expertise across various DevOps disciplines, including software development, systems operations, cloud, and ops automation.
- Navigate through ambiguity to build the roadmap for the team.
What We Look For In You:
- 10+ years experience building & running devops organizations
- 3-5 years working in the AWS ecosystem
- Demonstrated proficiency in establishing programs for monitoring, alerting, and incident response practices for production compute, storage, and data systems.
- Experience establishing and supporting modern release & deployment management efforts including but not limited to release managers, CI/CD, and related business & continuous improvement programs.
- Object-oriented design and development skills for high-volume production applications
- Deep understanding of critical software design concepts
- Knowledge of basic sysadmin skills in Linux, Networking, Load Balancing
- Experience implementing Observability (metrics-golden signals, tracing, and logging)
- Passion for solving problems skills that span systems, network, and applications.
- Java Experience
- Experience working with teams across offices and timezones
- If you are based in the bay area, a blend of 2+3 or 3+2 in office/WFH schedule (Office in San Jose)
Nice to Haves:
- Passion for crypto
- Fluency in Mandarin and English
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- Training & Development Reimbursement
- PTO, and company paid holidays
- Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Company Donation Match
Okcoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The [salary] / [hour wage] range for this position is $230,000 to $335,000
The [salary] / [hour wage] offered depends on a variety of factors, including job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and market location. In addition to the [salary] / [hourly wage], a performance bonus and long-term incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, as well as a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Okcoin internal or external careers site."Register to Apply
Please let Okcoin know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg