Editor Cryptocurrency Fintech
Money.com seeks an editor to spearhead its growing coverage in the cryptocurrency and fintech spaces. We’re looking for someone who knows the ins and outs of blockchain technology, can articulate which coin will be the sleeper hit of the season and help people successfully navigate the world of cryptocurrency, NFTs, DeFi, the metaverse as well as other emerging trends as they arise.
A deep understanding of personal finance and how cryptocurrency is evolving to fit into the broader markets and investing landscape is essential.
Money is a 50-year-old magazine-turned-digital destination that helps millions of people a month learn the basics and complexities of personal finance.
This role will work closely with our senior editors, audience development, product, art and design and video teams to bring our content to a broader audience while maintaining the authority that the Money brand is known for. We are fun, creative and transparent organization, where everyone has access to our executive team - learning important business skills, taking part in major decisions and experiencing life in a rapidly growing online media environment.
- Identify, assign and edit stories focused on news and trends in the crypto space.
- Work with the trending news team to create a crypto strategy that will set Money apart from competitors.
- Design and maintain an evergreen library of cryptocurrency “how-to” guides that will help people searching relevant terms get the knowledge they need.
- Spearhead a reviews section of crypto and trading products.
- Roll up your sleeves and write the occasional story when the need arises.
- Among other responsibilities related to the position.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience: 5+ years of editorial experience in a fast-paced media environment
- Knowledge: You know crypto and fintech in and out, plus how it fits into the broader markets and investing worlds. You know SEO best practices in and out and how they relate to different story types
- Communication skills: You have top-notch cross-team comms skills
- Organization and planning: Your collaborative spirit inspires others to work with you, and you rely heavily on research and analysis to craft your game plan
- Self-management: Competitive and self-motivated. You’re known for never dropping balls, always keeping your eyes on the target and delivering results under pressure
- Leadership: You lead from any seat, even if not directly supervising people
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field
Register to Apply
Money Group, LLC (MG) is a Puerto Rico-based services company that owns and operates a number of digital properties, including ConsumersAdvocate.org and Money.com. Consumers Advocate Group, LLC (CAG) is a Washington State company that provides services to MG. As such, CAG periodically uses MG’s owned and operated digital properties to post for employment opportunities at CAG. The position, Editor, is an employment opportunity at CAG based in New York, New York. As such, this posting is based solely on the information provided by CAG. MG is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspects of job postings or employment with CAG. It is the responsibility of each individual job seeker to verify the specific information pertaining to the job posting directly with CAG, in addition to all matters pertaining to the hiring process and compensation for work performed.
All job listings are posted at the discretion of CAG. Therefore, all concerns and issues related to CAG’s job and/or employment opportunities on MG platforms should be addressed directly with CAG.
Please let Money know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg