Director of Engineering Wallets
***BitGo will be closed from 12/24/22 - 1/2/23. We’ll be in touch with all applicants once we return - Happy Holidays!***
BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with custody liquidity, and security solutions. Active in both centralized and decentralized finance, BitGo offers market leading trading, lending, and borrowing services through our prime brokerage services and acts as the custodian for WBTC. In 2020, BitGo launched BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, we launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes approximately 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 400 coins and tokens. BitGo’s customer base includes the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges and institutional investors and spans more than 50 countries. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
BitGo is looking for an experienced Director of Engineering who will lead our Wallets Engineering division to innovate on core wallet technology, connect L1 and L2 blockchains to the BitGo ecosystem, and develop chain-specific functionality for BitGo products. This is not a hands-on coding role, but the Director of Engineering is expected to be closely involved technically in the work of the team.
- Develop innovative wallet solutions for a diversity of clients, from crypto-native companies to Fortune 500 companies.
- Be accountable for increasing BitGo’s support of a diversity of L1 and L2 blockchains.
- Incubate new blockchain-specific products.
- Collaborate with Product, Marketing, Sales, and other key stakeholders to set the product and technical vision and roadmap for Wallets Engineering, and to successfully execute against the same.
- Coach engineering managers to grow the next generation of senior engineering leaders at BitGo.
- Actively foster an engineering-wide culture that embodies our values of open communication, collaboration, accountability, craftsmanship, and a client first approach.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 14+ years of professional experience in software engineering, 6+ years in a managerial role, 2+ years in a role leading managers.
- Experience in crypto, professional or personal, or an interest in the same.
- Experience successfully onboarding onto a new organization as a manager or director.
- Track record of sourcing and hiring top engineering talent, including managerial talent.
- Proven success leading multi-team programs.
- Demonstrated history of collaborating with product on setting a product roadmap.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, particularly working with business stakeholders.
- Engineering degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Deep technical knowledge of multiple blockchains.
- Prior experience with developing indexers.
- Prior experience with developing HSMs.
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending upon your leveling and location, the compensation for this role averages between $175,000 - $275,000 USD base salary. Equity, an annual performance bonus and the benefits outlined below are also a part of this role's package.
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of open communication, collaboration, accountability, craftsmanship, and a client first approach. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits* of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- 4% 401k company match (no wait period)
- Paid parental leave, paid vacation
- Free commute and parking pass; 5 min from Caltrain
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
*Benefits vary based on location
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed finance.Register to Apply
Please let BitGo know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg