Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering
Immutable X Platform – Engineering /
Full Time Permanent
A bit about us:
The Immutable X Engineering Team is the powerhouse behind the world's top gaming-focused NFT Trading Ecosystem. Our team builds user experiences that delightfully and readily meet the demands of planet-scale web3 games. We solve complex problems at the bleeding edge of technology and have tons of fun.
Immutable can hire engineers across the Asia Pacific region. We can conduct all interviews and onboarding remotely and pride ourselves on our global experience. You can choose to work from our Immutable HQ in Sydney, or we will provide a WeWork all-access pass in any major city. We also offer relocation packages to Australia!
A bit about the role:
Currently, Immutable’s product is in high demand from some of the largest companies in the world. We are scaling our engineering team to help us deliver a world-class product to these customers. As part of that effort, we are seeking a Director of Engineering with a proven track record of building high-performing and engaged engineering teams which deliver fantastic products for our users.
As a Director of Engineering, you will be responsible for leading a team of Engineering Managers as they build teams for Immutable X. You will lead and mentor a team from diverse backgrounds and help them to become better leaders. We are looking for someone who can foster a culture of ownership and positivity whilst ensuring meaningful opportunities for growth within our engineering teams.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Hire and manage a team of engaged engineering managers
- Build, develop and manage a high-performance engineering culture
- Work with product leadership to define the best possible engineering process for shipping the products Immutable needs
- Play a critical role in change across culture in coaching and sharing your experiences to build the complete end to end delivery process
- Review the high-level architecture decisions made by our teams, and ensure they are aligned with the company’s strategy
- Participate in engineering leadership meetings to set our engineering and product focus that aligns with the company’s overall strategy
- Partner with the Principal Engineer, Group Product Manager and Lead Designer in your group
We would love you to have:
- Previous experience as an engineering leader for engineering managers in the product/SaaS space
- Proven success coaching and developing Engineering Managers
- Proven success in building, developing and managing a high-performance engineering culture in a product/SaaS business
- Experience in developing the skills and careers of software engineers
- Experience in hiring and evaluating the performance of software engineers
- Experience building and running SaaS or cloud services at scale
We are proud of the benefits that we offer for all of our employees globally. Here is a snapshot:
Attracting the best global talent
💸We commit to paying globally competitive salaries and contributions & we share our products' success through Employee Stock Options. We also support our US Employees with Medical and 401K Insurance
💻 While we offer flexible working arrangements, we have an epic head office in the heart of Sydney and offer remote office hubs around the globe via a WeWork all-access pass
📲We offer AUD $750 WFH allowance to set up your home office and AUD $900 per annum to put toward your internet and phone usage.
Levelling up your growth
🌱 We offer up to AUD $2,000 per annum for any classes, courses or events to support your growth and development
📚 Enjoy access to free online courses via Udemy
Helping you thrive
💆🏽♀️ Enjoy $1200 per year to put toward your health and wellbeing
🤗 Get 24/7 access to unlimited counselling for you and your family when you need it through our EAP Service
🎁 Get premium access to mindfulness resources, online fitness classes and discounts at major retailers through Perkbox
Leave when you need it the most
👨👧👦New parents receive 12 weeks of paid leave in our gender-neutral offer. The birthing parent also gets an additional six weeks of leave for rest and recovery leading up to and after birth. We also offer Miscarriage Leave and extra leave for IVF treatments
🎂 Enjoy 2 additional paid annual leave days at the end of the year and a paid day off for your birthday
Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone's perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver of our success so far. For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don't meet all the job listing requirements, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! You'll likely bring something to the workplace that we haven't thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you. We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.
*A note to recruitment agencies: Our internal team has this role covered so no need to reach out - We don't accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you!
#LI-RemoteRegister to Apply
Please let Immutable know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg