Director of Community
Delphia is building the world's first investment strategy anyone can improve with their data. We
select stocks to a portfolio by analyzing trends in the data and the market.
We are building a new kind of company that re-thinks the value of privacy, data rights, and
fiduciary responsibility in order to ensure your data is always working for you — like your money.
Whether we're identifying trends or educating people on how their data can be used to make
better investment decisions, people at Delphia are socially-minded creatives at heart. Our teams
are continually iterating, solving hard problems, and collaborating to generate new forms of
value and economic returns for our users (we call them “members”, in fact). Working together,
we want people to realize the true value of their data — and we're just getting started.
Delphia is growing! We currently have 80 people in multi-disciplinary teams located around the
world. The company was founded in 2018 and is a graduate of Y Combinator and the Creative
Destruction Lab. We’ve raised three rounds of funding and approximately $80 million to date.
About the role
We all see data technology transforming the world and creating unimaginable fortunes. Data about our behavior is a necessary ingredient in this transformation. No one knew data was going to unlock this much wealth. But now that we know, it’s time to do better. We call this The Data Problem.
In the past, marketing was a one-way dialogue but now with web3 and social, we understand that stories, content, and narratives can come from anywhere. Delphia’s aims to be at the center of discussion about the most essential topics in data privacy and technology with a unique focus on data capitalism. The best and most honest conversations come from a strong community built upon trust and respect.
The Director of Community for Delphia will be tasked with growing a robust and active community that will help shape the future of this industry through dialogue and participation. Our community ranges from everyday individuals trying to use their data more effectively to institutional funds investing millions in getting exposure to the advantages of data investing. Our community is global, diverse, and rapidly expanding as this technology opens up new frontiers.
The role of leading Community within an organization can mean something slightly different within each company. At Delphia, Discord is a product area (complete with content, community, bots, and scripts, etc.). This person will be responsible for traction development alongside product development as input to finding product/market fit in this critical product area.
Our community bet
We believe that building the community around The Data Problem is as important as sharing data. We believe that people who understand the problem and have the right incentives will exert peer pressure on their friends to join the community. We believe that if we can create a valuable place for them to hang out on a regular basis then we will increase awareness and lower the cost of acquiring new data investors.
A “Daily Active User” is a unique user who chats on discord, earns some Phi, transitions between two mobile screens while logged into their account, or who loads a page in their browser.
Drive community acquisition:
- Target: 2% new active users per week
- Target: Greater than 80% of new users come from organic or referrals
Drive community engagement:
- WAU/MAU ratio that exceeds 70%
- 40% of users should be very disappointed if our community product went away
Lead Community Product
- Create a place where our users feel a sense of community
- Define the product strategy, roadmap, and goals - What is the value promise? How does it evolve over time?
- Define a traction strategy - How does our community get off the ground?
- Work with a cross-functional team to execute both traction and product strategies
Partner with the Data DAO
- The Data DAO represents a collective voice of data providers
- The community product should enable the Data DAO to coordinate in meaningful ways with its members
Lead Investor Relations for $PHI
- $PHI is a representation of the value of data within the community. Just as public companies have quarterly investor meetings, token holders need to be engaged in how the token is working and providing value to the community.
Lead Customer Support
- Our community will be the first to alert us if things are going right or wrong with our products.
- Listen and respond to their feedback and when necessary properly route each conversation to the appropriate team member to take action.
- Lead a team of community managers to continuously be on the front lines of conversations
- Prior experience building a community of consumers from scratch.
- Prior experience building Discord communities
- Prior experience with Web3
- Experience as a product manager in a pre-product/market fit environment. Demonstrated ability to improve retention and reduce churn.
- Passion for transforming data into an asset that individuals can leverage to build wealth.
Competencies we look for in this role
- First principles thinking
- Customer empathy
- Product sense
- Stellar communicator
- High agency
- Technical fluency
- Data fluency
Salary range: $180k-$225k depending on location and experience
As a member of the Delphia team, you will enjoy a variety of perks and benefits such as:
● Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Benefits, plus a Health Spending Account
● Gym Allowance
● Annual Delphia Summit
● Quarterly in-person Town Halls near one of our Hubs (New York, Toronto, London, San
● Quarterly Team Outings
● Flexible work hours with the ability to work from home when need be
● Work From Anywhere Policy
● Flexible Time-Off Policy
● Employee Stock Options
● Access to our Hedge Fund
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
by race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status. Delphia is committed to working with applicants requesting accommodations.Register to Apply
Please let Delphia know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg