Director of Business Development Partnerships Retail Solutions
At Fyllo we are on a mission to accelerate the economies of tomorrow. What does that mean? Our technology platform enables high-growth companies to reach and understand consumers, activate marketing and loyalty programs across multiple channels, and navigate today’s ever-changing regulatory landscape.
We have created the world’s largest data marketplace of cannabis and CBD purchase data along with a market-leading regulatory database that is used by Fortune 500 companies and emerging brands in highly-regulated industries like cannabis, crypto, short term rentals and more.
Having been founded in 2019, we have closed our Series C and raised 100 million to date. 2022 has proved to be another big year with our acquisition of Semasio based in the EU, so that together we will continue to grow our footprint globally. Semasio is a Unified Targeting provider that enables digital advertising professionals to reach their target audience by seamlessly combining audience, contextual and brand fit solutions into one targeting strategy. If you are someone who has a bias to act and believes in having more fun together, then read on!
Fyllo is seeking a motivated self-starter to join our team as a Director of Business Development & Partnerships for Retail Solutions. This role reports to the GM of Retail and you will be instrumental in developing GTM & product strategies for growing and developing Fyllo’s retail customer base, retail market share, and in-market presence.
Your key responsibility is retail sales revenue generation. This position is responsible for driving the full retail solutions and innovative offerings forward, delivering best-in-class service to select strategic partnerships, encompassing strategy development, and client issue / opportunity identification. You would join as an individual contributor, but partner closely with internal teams including Customer Success/Ops, Product/Engineering, FDM, Data Science, Marketing and Finance. Your role includes defining a clear vision with key deliverables of how Fyllo can scale our Retail Solutions partnerships with select strategic partners across POS, Ecomm, select MSOs and advanced messaging systems. You will spearhead Retail API partnership integrations, be the Fyllo point of contact for the largest MSOs/SSOs and have strong input into the retail product roadmap and prioritization for growth.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone who is an ambitious self-starter and loves working in a fast-paced startup environment. If you are passionate about scaling companies for growth, and leadership in a competitive space, then you'll feel right at home in this role. This opportunity requires someone who wants to be out in the marketplace, developing and nurturing client relationships and who is highly motivated to get partnership deals done to scale the Retail Solutions business. Critical to the success in the role will be an individual with a strong work ethic, grounded in collaboration and strong succinct communication with a focus on customer obsession, innovation and creating winning partnerships that will position Fyllo for growth and industry leadership.
Day to Day
- Responsible for retail sales and business development, partner integrations, and developing strategic partner innovation for Fyllo's Retail Solutions
- Collaborate closely with the GM to establish priorities and strategic direction for retail products, GTM promotions and go-forward vision for product development
- Create and develop relationships with new MSOs/SSOs & Dispensary partners and nurture innovation and scaling with existing partnerships.
- Develop a framework for POS evaluation and methodically review POS partners to determine where there are opportunities.
- Own the relationship between POS systems and 3rd party partners ranging from facilitating conversation to contract ownership
- Hold bi-weekly calls with retail partners to ensure we understand what is coming in product changes from the competitive landscape.
- Lead contract negotiations with partner ecosystem with oversight of contract billing (i.e. POS, e-commerce, advanced messaging, and ancillary partners)
- Serve as a subject matter expert in everything loyalty--- supporting Marketing, Data and Media Sales & Customer Success
- Determine market positioning ensuring we stay ahead of current trends/ competitors
- Work with the Fyllo Data Marketplace (FDM) team to manage strategic endemic data supply to maximize partner value and growth for Fyllo's data solutions
- Partner with Fyllo Media and Data Sales teams to evangelize, educate and grow the use of the Fyllo retail solutions; support sales enablement efforts to drive adoption of Fyllo retail solutions in collaboration with Customer Success and Sales
- Drive executive level relationships with leading Tier 1 partners; Build strategic partnerships and execute deals that ignite revenue growth
- Lead API integration efforts to enable access of Fyllo retail solutions across a larger endemic ecosystem
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and Data Science teams to prioritize strategic product roadmap and business needs to inform key product development opportunities and strategy and maximize the Fyllo data coverage
- Design, develop, and execute against strategic account plans to create, expand and deepen platform relationships and monetization potential with the sales team.
- Proactive and positive attitude, always willing to collaborate with team members and colleagues
- 7+ years of experience in Retail POS, loyalty, CRM, advanced messaging space
- Cannabis Industry experience a requirement
- Experience developing successful leaders and ambitious teams as we look to evolve the global retail partnership team
- Experience with CSuite strategic prospects, Board presentations, consultative selling approach, and contract negotiations
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and organizational skills; process-oriented yet entrepreneurial
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving abilities
- Self-motivated to learn about products, technology, customers, and competitors
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and effectively prioritize various requests and responsibilities. Being solution focussed
- Excellent critical thinking and presentation skills (both written & oral)
- Grow sales pipelines with SFDC for efficiency and transparency using a strong follow-up process
- Thrive in fast paced, dynamic working environments and enjoy working on developing-stage projects (with a clear vision for the ‘big picture’)
- Highly knowledgeable and self-motivated to learn about products, technology, customers, and competitors
- Possess genuine interest in Fyllo’s mission to help the world realize the full potential of highly regulated industries
Please let Fyllo know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg