Director Investment Strategy
Digital Currency Group
What you'll be a part of:
DCG is a multi-billion dollar global enterprise that builds, buys, and invests in leading blockchain and digital asset companies all over the world. Founded in 2015 by CEO Barry Silbert, the company's mission is to accelerate the development of a better financial system through the development of digital assets and blockchain technology. Today, DCG sits at the epicenter of the fintech industry, backing more than 150 companies in 35 countries.
In addition to its investment portfolio, DCG is the parent company of Genesis (a global digital asset prime brokerage), Grayscale Investments (the largest digital currency asset manager), CoinDesk (the leading media and events company in the digital asset space), Foundry (a digital asset mining and staking company), and Luno (a Bitcoin and Digital Asset Exchange).
We passionately believe bitcoin and blockchain technology will drive global economic and social change. Our unique model enables us to deploy our resources to build the bitcoin and blockchain ecosystem over the long term. Join us and be part of the team that is transforming the future of finance.
What is the role?
We are currently hiring for a Director, Investment Strategy to work within Digital Currency Group's newest subsidiary, HQ. HQ's Wealth Advisory team works with the world's leading crypto, blockchain, and DeFi entrepreneurs and investors on wealth and life management projects.
HQ's Wealth Advisory team provides bespoke research and advice across various topics such as digital asset investing, fundamental factors, asset allocation, thematic investing and manager research and manages various outcome oriented, factor, and thematic portfolios on behalf of clients. In the role of Director, Investment Strategy, you will oversee the investment and risk integrity of our client portfolios, create and implement investment processes and guidelines, and differentiate and position our strategies from those of our peers.
What you will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with the Wealth Advisory team on asset allocation, investment guidelines, and ongoing manager selection and evaluation across all asset classes, including digital assets
- Leading and conducting differentiated investment research including but not limited to asset allocation, fundamental factors, thematic investing and manager research
- Assessing strategic and tactical investment opportunities and developing solutions where there is high potential
- Conducting research and analysis of the economic and financial market outlook to support firm-wide investment strategy and asset allocation using quantitative wealth management models (portfolio optimization, rebalancing, tax-loss harvesting, Monte Carlo simulations, trading algorithms, etc.)
- Attending client meetings and clearly articulating macro views and investment thesis
- Writing periodic investment white papers for client use covering major market themes, including digital assets
- Staying apprised of the market in areas where direct investments are made or are being considered and assessing market performance, trends, regulatory changes, and reports on findings
What we expect:
Expertise in investment strategy
- 7-10 years of experience managing investment and portfolio management strategies
- Investment experience with digital assets is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of asset allocation and investment structures and guidelines
- Deep knowledge of multi-asset class portfolio modeling and risk and experience with ultra-high-net-worth clients
- Deep understanding of the market and current trends
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for rigorous research, markets and the intersection of technology and investing
- Familiarity with risk management and portfolio construction techniques using common industry tools
- Fluency with various investment databases and performance reporting software
- Ability to communicate complex investment solutions to a variety of constituents with varying levels of investment knowledge
Solving problems, together
- You are organized with excellent time management skills and meticulous attention to detail
- You are a proven collaborator and communicator; you know how to listen and work well with experts across disciplines
- You know how to admit what you don't know, and how to ask the right people for help
- You thrive working in complex environments with many internal and external stakeholders
- You take privacy and security seriously, and always consider them when developing solutions
Excited to build from scratch
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- A self-starter who proactively builds and solves problems
What we offer:
- Inspiring colleagues and an invigorating startup environment
- Competitive base salary, bonus and incentive compensation
- Company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- 401K plan
- Pre-tax transit and parking program and flexible spending programs for medical and dependent care
- Flexible time off and paid parental leave
- Brand new water-front office opening later this year with world-class perks and amenities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Register to Apply
Please let Digital Currency Group know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg