Director Creative Strategy
We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
As Director, Creative Strategy in Coinbase’s Creative Studio, you are at the forefront of the most dynamic space in creative marketing. The team operates at the intersection of crypto, web3, art, culture, community, technology, and finance. Reporting to the VP, Creative, your remit is to define the role that strategic insights play in a category where foundational shifts happen every day. You’ll be a thought leader, working in partnership with product and brand marketers, data & research teams, agency partners and internal creative teams. You’ll partner with the Senior Director, Creative Production & Operations and Senior Director, Creative to develop processes that enable conceptual development and delivery of industry-leading creative, working throughout the lifespan of our projects to ensure our work is insight-led and user-focused.
You will collaborate deeply with senior leadership across the company including Marketing, Product, Design, and Business Development to bring our brand and products to life globally. Your thought leadership and strategic output will inspire and influence the company at the highest level. You’ll be a steward for the value that creative strategy brings inside a mission-led company that is changing the world of global finance. To do all of this well you’ll be teacher and student simultaneously, learning the evolving nuances of web3 and crypto, educating people on the principles of the technologies the community is building, and connecting our vision for increased economic freedom to the everyday lives of people all over the world.
You will be an owner / operator of this team, capable of simultaneously setting a vision and making it real with your own hands. Until there is a critical mass of team members, you’ll be leading by doing, prototyping your thinking, and building favor for your ideas. As we grow, you’ll help architect and oversee the development of the creative group, attracting talent, managing creative careers, and prioritizing skillsets to responsibly grow a team that can deliver impact beyond its numbers.
Above all, you will lead by example by making the most of every opportunity to develop breakthrough creative, and to contribute your creative skills to the establishment of a new global industry.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Establish the creative strategy capability in collaboration with creative production, creative strategy, and creative marketing partners.
- Balance and prioritize the ongoing development of industry-leading creative with the development of team processes that take our work from project intake to project launch.
- Partner deeply with cross-functional stakeholders to build long-term creative collaborations that grow the business and break the rules of branding.
- Partner with best-in-the-business agencies and production partners to deliver breakthrough creative.
- Balance the high-level needs of senior leadership with the tactical support that internal creative teams and agency partners need to deliver on specific assignments. Hold the team accountable for delivering creative and craft excellence.
- Jump on every opportunity to refine, evolve, and grow the brand.
What We Look For
- 12+ years experience in high functioning, creatively excellent brand teams, ideally both in-house at a tech brand, and agency-side working on top tier brands.
- Awards, accolades, and a portfolio full of visionary work, along with a humble approach to doing the work that balances the accolades.
- A strategic point of view that comes from steering big brands through challenging times with great creative campaigns.
Register to Apply
Sound cool? Let's work together.
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $238,000 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k).
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, you will be required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (as defined by applicable law). If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Please let Coinbase know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg