Director Capital Markets
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
As a member of the Capital Markets team, you will play a key role in the strategic planning and capital markets needs of the various lending businesses within Block. Block has lending vertices that serve small businesses and vertices that serve consumers. Included are more developed products like Square Loans to small business and Afterpay receivables to consumers as well as newer products in development like Cash Borrow, Loans and Advances to International Square sellers.
You will be responsible for sourcing new institutional investors, managing the relationships with lenders, and designing new structures to help fund Block's newer lending products. Additionally, you will serve as a secondary point of contact for investors and lenders for Block's more mature lending products. You will support the continued expansion of Block's various lending businesses, and help product teams improve lending products across the Block ecosystem. You will report to the Head of Capital Markets.
- Identify and establish relationships with new lenders and institutional investors for Block's various lending products
- Manage relationships with prospective leverage providers and institutional investors
- Design, document, and communicate new fundraising structures and strategies including forward flow arrangements, warehouse and other leverage facilities and securitizations
- Work with the Block Treasury, Investor Relations and Finance & Strategy teams to develop balance sheet limits for the various lending products
- Coordinate with the product team and other stakeholders to develop new and improve existing lending products
- Work with data team to understand loan performance metrics
- Attend relevant conferences and maintain relationships with key industry participants
- Maintain and own policies, operational procedures and risk oversight
- Share market color and investor sentiment with management and key stakeholders
- Support initiatives to incorporate newer lending products into Square's de novo bank
- Contribute to Block's growth strategy, product roadmap, and performance tracking
- A Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative field; MBA is a plus
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience with institutional sales, debt capital markets, structured finance, and/or investor relations
- Superior understanding of the lending and fin-tech industry
- Leadership skills with a proven ability to innovate
- Experience negotiating and closing loan sales agreements and warehouse lending agreements
- Experience with ABS securitization and working with rating agencies
- Superior organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with structured fundraising deals
- Experience with SQL or Python is a plus
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone B: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone C: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone D: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits Include The Following
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
Please let Block know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg