CR is currently seeking a versatile FinTech Markets expert or technologist to help us innovate how Consumer Reports tests and evaluates Digital Finance products and services (and the tools we use to facilitate this work). This is a great career opportunity for a technically-minded financial services expert, interested in making a measurable impact on consumer privacy, cybersecurity, and the quality of digital financial products and services, as they relate to consumer safety, privacy, cybersecurity, and financial fairness.
This is an opportunity to build and lead a small, high performing program that will tackle a major institutional priority and will likely grow in coming years. The ideal candidate is a resolute “doer” experienced working with distributed teams of financial services marketplace experts, and technologists. They’re always learning from others and may be active in open source. They are skilled at wrangling project plans, implementing procedures and dashboards that don’t suck, and are enthusiastic about tackling big systems challenges with urgency.
This is a grant funded opportunity!
Under our CRFlex program, this position is eligible for Fully Remote status for candidates who live more than 75 miles from one of our main office locations (Yonkers, NY, Washington DC, Colchester, CT). Additionally, the successful candidate must reside in one of the following locations: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New York, Texas, Vermont, Washington D.C.
How You'll Make An Impact
As Digital Finance Research and Testing Manager you will develop and execute a plan to expand Fair Digital Finance Standard Framework and to facilitate the expansion of CR’s current product testing categories to Digital Finance products and services. You will lead the strategy to develop new category evaluations of digital financial services, including new and emerging services like buy now pay later loans, peer to peer payment wallets and payments, money management apps, mortgage and personal loan apps, financial planning apps, retail investing apps, cryptocurrency wallets and exchanges, next-generation loyalty and rewards programs, and more. The Digital Finance Research and Testing Manager will ensure standardized approach and documentation of criteria and test procedures; work with CR researchers and technicians to ensure there are established procedures to collect and synthesize data, ensuring that data meets standards for accuracy, repeatability, reproducibility and dependability. Develop and introduce new systems to innovate certain testing routines, and build capacity and expertise on digital finance and the future of money, as part of an emerging "community of practice" at CR!
You’ll Be Highly Rated If:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, IT, Engineering, Mathematics, or similar field
- You have 8+ years of experience working in financial sector (including at FinTech related to capital markets, lending, digital assets)
- You have a strong foundation in financial services and tech and e xtensive experience with current technologies, including blockchain
- You have extensive knowledge of fintech market and its challenges, including high growth targets, pressure on tech and risk management
- You have significant experience in risk management, reg reporting, and KYC
You'll be one of our top picks if:
- You have a passion for technology and its game changing impact on financial services, with a strong understanding on technical concepts, operating models and financial / technology trends
- You have a demonstrated ability ability to partner with multiple technology teams to ensure appropriate integration of functions to meet goals; identify and define necessary system enhancements; analyze existing system logic, identify problems; and recommend and implement solutions
- You are able to provide expertise in the area and have an advanced level of understanding of the principles of apps support
- You have a high attention to detail, with experience in taking ownership of high priority responsibilities and being relied upon to follow through with accuracy, quality and completeness
- You have demonstrated ability to partner with multiple technology teams to ensure appropriate integration of functions to meet goals; identify and define necessary system enhancements; analyze existing system logic, identify problems; and recommend and implement solutions.
This position requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to your start date.
Who We Are
Consumer Reports is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to a fair and just marketplace for consumers. Our team is made up of truth tellers, change agents, and consumer advocates who investigate and build coalitions to fight for fairness and justice in the marketplace. We leverage our evidence-based approach to demand safer products, a healthier environment, and equitable services for everyone.
Our mission starts with you. We offer medical benefits from that start on your first day as a CR employee that include behavioral health coverage and unlimited sick days. There’s also generous family planning benefits and a generous 401K match. Learn more about how CR’s advocates for strong benefits on behalf of their employees here: https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/careers/landing-page/index.htm
FAIR PAY & A JUST WORKPLACE
At Consumer Reports, we are committed to fair, transparent pay and we strive to provide competitive, market-informed compensation. The target salary range for this position is $130k to $160k. It is anticipated that most qualified candidates will fall near the middle of this range. Compensation for the successful candidate will be informed by the candidate’s particular combination of knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience.
Consumer Reports proudly seeks to build a richly diverse workforce by hiring people with a diversity of thoughts, identities, perspectives, and experiences that help advance the difference we make for consumers, and by ensuring our people experience equity and inclusion in their work lives. We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.Register to Apply
Please let Consumer Reports know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg