What are we all about?
We are a team of world class builders and researchers with expertise across several domains: Ethereum Protocol Engineering, Layer-2, Decentralized Finance (DeFi), Miner Extractable Value (MEV), Smart Contract Development, Security Auditing and Formal Verification.
Working to solve some of the most challenging problems in the blockchain space, we frequently collaborate with renowned companies, such as Ethereum Foundation, StarkWare, Gnosis Chain, Aave, Flashbots, xDai, Open Zeppelin, Forta Protocol, Energy Web, POA Network and many more.
We actively contribute to Ethereum core development, EIP’s and network upgrades together with the Ethereum Foundation, and other client teams.
Today, there are nearly 200 of us working remotely from over 45+ countries.
The start-up is a non-custodial, institutional grade, staking as a service provider. The business operates validators across a wide range of Proof-of-Stake protocols and allows institutional clients to delegate their assets using their preferred custodians in order to collect staking rewards. It charges a commission on the staking rewards for operating the validators and providing analytics and reporting.
The business’ differentiation is based on:
- Institutional grade security and compliance (e.g. permissioned validators)
- Superior transparency and analytics, including dashboard and reporting
- Processes designed with institutional workflow in mind
As a DevOps Engineer, you will help build and maintain validators on Polygon / Solana / Avalanche / Near / Elrond / Polkadot / Algorand / Cosmos and other chains. You are ready to apply best practices for monitoring, observability, security, and infrastructure automation to the task of improving and expanding the multi-cloud hybrid platform used by our growing set of deployments.
We are looking for DevOps Engineers that have development and operational experience deploying, debugging, tuning, and maintaining large-scale Web deployments, high-performance, low-latency distributed applications, and container-based applications and microservices.
- Work to improve and maintain the reliability and availability of our services.
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and deployment, catching and solving issues before launch
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes
- Build and maintain company-wide CI/CD pipelines for different projects (Github Actions)
- Deploy and maintain the blockchain infrastructure in a multi-cloud hybrid environment (AWS, Google Cloud, on-premise etc)
- Provide incident response and support for our production systems
- Monitor the infrastructure with tools like Grafana, Prometheus
- Ensure 99.99% system uptime, smooth operations and work with infra handling millions of request per second
- Continued technical growth through constant experimentation, learning, and rapid project iteration
- Continuously improve the infrastructure and the platform
- Participate in the on-call rota
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Software Engineering/relevant field OR 5+ years of progressive relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience in a DevOps/SRE Engineer role (or similar role)
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructure, and Linux/Unix system administration tasks
- Working knowledge of container environments along with container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Experience with monitoring tools like Grafana, Datadog, Prometheus, etc.
- Good knowledge of IaC tools like Terraform
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Bash is a must)
- Knowledge of systems programming languages like Golang and Python
- Extensive cloud experience and familiarity with configuring, scaling, tuning and monitoring the range of services (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Experience producing operational and design documentation for the things you build, and writing post-mortem docs after troubleshooting service issues.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery tools, like Jenkins, GitHub Actions, etc.
- Any blockchain experience
Nice to have:
- Experience in software development and infrastructure development is a plus.
- Previous experience with deployment, running and maintaining Polygon / Solana / Avalanche / Near / Elrond / Polkadot / Algorand / Cosmos validators/nodes
- Experience of on-premise infrastructure
- Istio/Linkerd (Service mesh)
Perks and benefits:
- Fully remote
- Flexible working hours
- Plus equity
Please let Nethermind know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg