Data Scientist Sales Analytics
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
North America is a key battleground in the increasingly competitive buy-now-pay-later (BNPL) space. Afterpay is a global leader in the category and is seeking an experienced professional to serve as a key analytics partner to the North America sales team as we defend and grow our position in the region. You will work on a small and nimble team and have the opportunity to perform novel, high-impact analyses for a hungry and supportive group of stakeholders.
You are just as comfortable diving deep into data sets to deliver detailed and well-structured models and analyses as you are turning around scrappy but well thought out insights to support a fast-moving business. You will succeed by combining analytical insight, technical proficiency, business acumen, and the ability to collaborate and influence your key partners and cross-functional teams.
- Work closely with Sales stakeholders to understand their needs and pain points and proactively propose, develop, and deploy scalable solutions
- Assist the Sales team in developing methodologies and frameworks to accurately assess and measure the projected and realized business impact of various operational strategies
- Provide tailored input to propel key business initiatives forward, working on small cross-functional teams as the key analytics point of contact
- Isolate, identify and communicate data issues to technical and non-technical audiences and clearly convey impact and remediation plans verbally and in writing
- Work with partner teams to establish tracking, metric definition and data warehousing requests with an eye for data clarity, completeness, and integrity
- 5+ years relevant experience or 3+ years relevant experience with a pertinent master’s degree
- Quantitative background in statistics, mathematics, computer science, or related disciplines
- Work experience with analytics tools like Python, R, and SQL and data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, or Power BI.
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders, stand up for yourself, and express disagreements in a constructive and gracious manner
- Strong project management skills and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities and tight deadlines
- Prior experience partnering with Sales teams is ideal but not required
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $125,600 - USD $153,600
Zone B: USD $119,300 - USD $145,900
Zone C: USD $113,000 - USD $138,200
Zone D: USD $106,800 - USD $130,600
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits Include The Following
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
Please let Afterpay know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg