From the code to the values, we are Ethereum-aligned. We believe Ethereum has the potential to solve some of humanity’s most crucial coordination issues. Since our initial inception as a non-profit research group, we have have sought to scale both its technology and values.
At present the most pressing bottleneck to the growth of Ethereum is its performance and scalability. We are building the most elegant solution to this problem. We do this out in the open because we believe in open source and its ability to accelerate innovation.
Not only do we improve Ethereum's performance by orders of magnitude, we donate 100% of the profits generated from doing so to Ethereum public goods. We do this because we believe the future of the open internet is too important to be left to chance. By operating as a Public Benefit Corporation we're able to align private incentives with public good and create a positive-sum economic model that provides a sustainable future for the internet.
We're looking for a Data Scientist who's excited to immerse themselves in Optimism data and uncover insights that influence how we develop our ecosystem. Data covers a wide spectrum at Optimism—including application usage, protocol economics, airdrop and incentive design, and more! Join our team and get ready to fall down the Optimism rabbit hole.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to answer important questions and define key metrics
- Conduct analyses and opportunity sizing to define addressable markets and operational opportunities for improvement
- Develop compelling dashboards and automated reporting related to key performance metrics
- Communicate results and influence key decision makers, including engineering, and business leaders
What skills do you bring?
- 5+ years experience in product analytics
- Extensive experience and passion for metrics and dashboards visualizations
- Highly skilled at writing SQL to query relational databases; knowledge of R and/or Python
- Experience using crypto native data applications like Dune Analytics or Flipside Crypto preferred but not required
- Strong communication and presentation skills
What you'll like about us:
- We take care of our employees—from fully paid medical, dental and vision to a 4% 401K match, we've got you covered—learn more about our benefits, culture and all recruiting FAQ here.
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of builders—our founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.Register to Apply
Please let Optimism know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg