Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About The Role
We are searching for an experienced Data Scientist to join our team. You will leverage data and statistical methods to help our teams solve impactful product, marketing, and growth problems such as evaluating blockchain and validator metrics to extract insights for system analysis, building out pipelines for advanced analytics, attribution modeling, causal inference, and more. This role will partner closely with Product, Engineering and other groups to drive data science projects from inception to launch. We are looking for a bold thinker who has the ability to execute well; in return you will receive a lot of autonomy and ownership over the projects you tackle.
What you'll be doing:
- Build a long-term vision with an understanding of the competitive landscape
- Develop scalable decisioning systems ready for production environments
- Perform analyses and build models to understand customer behavior, extracting key insights and communicating to stakeholders to impact product decisions
- Identify data, metrics and analyses needs for key stakeholders; Initiate, develop and maintain data pipelines and data models that powers dashboards and data products
- Report against our goals, design essential business and product metrics, and build executive-facing dashboards
- Drive stakeholder and executive trust with strong communication founded on technical rigor
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years relevant experience
- A degree in a technical field such as Finance, Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science or similar field; PhD or Masters preferred
- Experience in at least one programming language (e.g. R, Python, Java, Ruby, or Scala/Spark)
- Experience manipulating large amounts of structured and unstructured data
- Be able to proactively manage prioritization of work and deliver work with great quality and influence the broader team in creating leverage
- Hands-on experience building dashboards with a data visualization tool such as Tableau, Looker, Data Studio, etc
- Ability to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, scientific way
- Passion to initiate and lead projects to completion in a fast paced, ever changing, start-up environment
- 100% insurance premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents
- Equipment of your choice
- Flexible vacation time, 11 holidays, and floating company days off
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
- 401k matching
- Fun and inclusive in-person and digital events
Aptos is committed to diversity in the workplace, and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.Register to Apply
Please let Aptos know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg