Welcome to Aleo.
Aleo is building the world's leading developer platform for private applications. With our vocal advocacy for privacy tech in the blockchain ecosystem, we are playing a major part in mainstream awareness and industry adoption of privacy-preserving technologies. We are proud to offer a platform of services that exemplify privacy tech in web applications, increasing digital freedom and access around the world.
Aleo is looking for a Data Scientist mine and analyze data from Aleo’s databases to drive optimization and improve product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
What you'll be doing:
- Analyze data from a variety of sources (both on-chain and off-chain) to guide strategic decision making at the company
- Provide technical guidance for engineering projects that incorporate new data points such as API integrations or internal data transformations
- Develop and implement modeling and testing frameworks to ensure that we operate with the highest level of scientific rigor
- Prepare and conduct experiments, analyze the results, and recommend strategy based on significant findings to the management team
- Build and maintain full-cycle models, reports, and dashboards using scripting and statistical tools to ensure the team is able to make informed decisions.
- Produce deep dives and recommendations for growth strategies such as improved developer journey and drive cross-functional teams on alignment and execution
What we look for in you:
- Strong, demonstrable experience in finding patterns and actionable insights in large structured and unstructured datasets
- Ability to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, scientific way
- Passion to initiate and lead projects to completion in a fast-paced, ever-changing, start-up environment
- Have a broad, cross-functional view of Digital Assets and varying degrees of expertise on strategy, processes, governance, and enabling technologies
- Ability to be self-directed, working a project from conception through delivery and ongoing support
Nice to haves:
- 2+ years in a data science/ analytics role
- Deep understanding of the cryptocurrency and blockchain ecosystem and familiarity with the various analytics platforms & data sources used in Web 3
- A robust knowledge of Python and data science technologies & techniques
- Knowledge of data visualization libraries to be able to convey results in a compelling manner
- Experience creating professional, polished reports with clear insights for project owners.
Salary & Benefits
- $150 -$200K plus an equity package — determined through the interview process after a review of experience, knowledge, and skills, as well as alignment with market data
- Monthly budget for expenses relating to working in a remote environment (home office set up & supplies, transportation, fitness & personal well-being, continued learning, etc.)
- Comprehensive, top-tier healthcare coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Ability to attend major industry conferences and global events at the company’s expense
- Regular team off-sites and retreats
Aleo is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Aleo does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Aleo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants.
Register to Apply
Please let Aleo know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg