Cyber Security Engineer Co-op Intern – Summer & Fall 2023
IEX is looking for a Cyber Security Engineer Co-Op Intern to work with the IEX Information Security team. The opportunity will include learning the different aspects of an information security program while contributing to tasks and initiatives in support of security operations, compliance, and program improvements. This position is an opportunity to help maintain and improve IEX’s security posture while gaining the experience of working for a national equities exchange and true fintech organization.
IEX Information Security is responsible for protecting IEX from cyber security threats, so that our employees can focus on providing our clients performance, fairness, and transparency in the market.
- Self-starter who is proactive and entrepreneurial
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- You are passionate about information security
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related degree.
- You have knowledge of technology and security topics including operating systems, computer security, network security, and/or application security.
- You are not afraid to ask questions and independently research solutions to find the answers and apply them to your work
- Available for a full semester (4-6 month) Co-Op rotation.
What you’ll do:
- Help IEX Information Security perform compliance and operational tasks contributing to environment oversight and end user training and awareness.
- Provide meaningful impact to IEX Information Security. Your work will not sit on a shelf, collecting dust. Leave a legacy!
- Gain skills applicable to your future career.
- Work alongside a strong team of InfoSec practitioners.
- Learn more about how security works in a Financial Services enterprise so you can home in on your areas of interest to create a forward-looking plan.
- Experience scripting or coding (e.g., Python, PowerShell, using API’s, etc.)
- Experience with endpoint/network hardening or logging
- Experience with SIEM, SOAR, and/or DLP technologies
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay is $30.00/hour for this NY-based position. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The annual base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.Register to Apply
Please let IEX know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg