Customer Service Escalation Advocate
Afterpay has transformed the way people pay by allowing shoppers to receive products immediately and pay in four simple installments over a short period of time. The service is completely free for customers who pay on time - helping consumers spend money responsibly, without incurring interest, fees or revolving and extended debt. Afterpay is offered by more than 55,400 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 7.3 million active customers globally. The solution is currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom where it is called Clearpay. Afterpay evolves quickly and is on a mission to be the world’s most loved way to pay and an employer of choice. We are on a rocketship most days so if you are up for a challenge, like the notion of joining a business with big dreams and love being part of a high performing team then please grab a ticket and contact us today.
We are seeking a results focused individual with a naturally positive mindset, who has a strong background in customer service delivery responsibilities in resolving customer service complaints/ dispute resolution.
As an Escalations Team Member of our Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR) process you will help solve our customer's most complex issues. We strive to solve their issues and allow them to get back to their day with ease. This role requires us to do that at all times working within the guardrails of our Afterpay Complaints Management framework. You will join a team of passionate Afterpay Advocates who love solving customer problems in a fast paced environment.
This role is responsible for:
- Provide support to the Customer Service team for escalated complaints, where first level resolution team members have not been able to resolve
- Investigate, manage, and resolve escalated customer complaints where first level resolution team members have not been able to resolve in accordance with Afterpay / Clearpay complaint management policy frameworks, including our obligations to regulatory frameworks
- Manage multiple dispute cases simultaneously in a efficient and effective manner in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Focus on providing a supportive customer experience and ensuring timely and fair outcomes are achieved in line with internal and regulatory requirements. Be willing to support prioritization of our most pressing issues and find a solution with stakeholders
- You will build expertise in our products, technology and procedures to deliver the best possible support to our team members and customers
- Provide support to our front-line team members to help improve first point resolution (and reduce Escalations if possible)
- Stay alert to trends in complaints, customer and front-line team feedback in daily routine; alert Leaders and make recommendations to improve processes as required
- Develop productive working relationships with a range of stakeholders across the Operations team (and often with Product or Technology stakeholders) to support the resolution of customer complaints
- Balance quality, productivity and service standards in your day to ensure KPIs are delivered
- Other tasks and ad hoc projects within the scope of the role may be required from time to time, including supporting the launch of new products or licensed servicing requirements
- Minimum 2 years experience in Customer Service delivery roles with specific Escalations / Complaints experience
- You champion the customer experience and can quickly form relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence with our customers
- Experience in service delivery in an Omnichannel environment and strong digital experience (Email, messaging and social media channels)
- Self- driven team player, and a logical thinker that likes to work in a fast-paced and challenging and change driven environment
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and the tenacity to seek a solution to a problem
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $34.09 - USD $41.68
Zone B: USD $31.73 - USD $38.75
Zone C: USD $28.99 - USD $35.43
Zone D: USD $25.58 - USD $31.25
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
Please let Afterpay know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg