It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it more relatable, instantly available and universally accessible, at Cash App you'll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
The Cash App Operations team is responsible for building and managing a scalable operating environment for a fast growing mobile payment app with multiple, external partners and internal, cross-functional stakeholders. You are a leader with a deep interest and passion for Bitcoin who has a history of impact in high performing operational teams. You will help expand our existing Bitcoin product line into a portfolio of crypto-based services. You will support the management of our Crypto business in multiple critical areas including liquidity management, trading, and custody / cold storage. You will be expected to help identify and remediate operational issues in multiple areas as well as managing key external partners, participating in cross-functional projects and supporting product development. In addition:
- Support the Crypto business on a day-to-day basis ensuring faster and more efficient operations including critical functions: trading, settlement and partnerships
- Optimize strategic Crypto partnerships for Cash App through detailed and proactive partner-management, working with partners to define, iterate, stabilize and enable new initiatives and features.
- Manage Crypto trading & ensure settlement in a timely fashion.
- Drive financial performance of our rapidly scaling Crypto business, which includes forging new revenue lines
- Collaborate with partners — both internal and external — to improve points of failures, resolve partner issues, document all critical processes and drive accountability/ performance in line with commercials
- Collaborate across cross functional constituents including Cash App engineering, design, product, finance, legal, compliance, customer support, data science and risk operations
- Leverage and analyze multiple sources of data to inform business decision making and optimizations
- Drive operational efficiency with measurable outcomes
- 5+ years of treasury, operations and/or payments experience, preferably in a fast moving technology or financial services company. Entrepreneurial drive is key.
- 2-3+ years of Bitcoin knowledge or experience is a strong plus
- Strong understanding of the financial services industry and its current evolution
- Experience with developing a rapidly scaling business and related operation
- Experience with trading operations, settlement & crypto custody
- Strong analytical skills to develop reporting, effectively make use of tools and other business processes to elevate operations and enable analysis of nascent industry movements
- Team player, utilizes influence to drive outcomes with internal & external stakeholders.
- Ability to develop new revenue streams and negotiate commercial agreements.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $184,100 - USD $225,000
Zone B: USD $174,900 - USD $213,700
Zone C: USD $165,700 - USD $202,500
Zone D: USD $156,400 - USD $191,200
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits Include The Following
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
Please let Cash App know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg