nWay is looking for a Creative Director to shepherd the creative vision and help create an amazing and balanced user experience for a new and exciting web3 project. As Creative Director, you will work with product managers, designers, artists, engineers, and the production team to foster an environment of collective creativity that inspires teams to come up with the best ideas that they can to support it. The ideal candidate must be an expert on what makes a game highly accessible but compelling enough to keep the competition element challenging yet fair and a deep understanding of free to play game economies and the openness to implement innovative web3 compliments into this exciting new space.
- Define a clear, cohesive creative vision for the game by turning high-level ideas into detailed and well-thought out concepts.
- Works to make high level direction from the VP of Creative a reality and works with the other project leads to meet these goals.
- Work closely with the Lead designers to create engaging and gameplay systems with fun features that will improve user experience, engagement, and monetization.
- Work closely with other core team members to develop their specific parts of the vision + unify your concepts to tie together all design, graphic, narrative, and technical elements.
- Work closely with the Production team to review and discuss production priorities, timelines, and scope.
- Communicate (and emphasize) the creative direction across all channels to guide teams.
- Establish design processes to ensures all design and implementation deliverables are up to studio’s high standards of quality.
- Validate the consistency and quality of the game + ensure creative alignment between branding, experience, and strategy.
- Maintain and track ongoing relationships with current partners.
- 5+ years of leadership experience as a designer, producer or artist with at least 3+ years on a live free-to-play mobile game.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Effective cross-departmental communication: you have the know-how to comfortably communicate with all disciplines (programming, art, design, marketing, and so on)
- A highly collaborative and innovative spirit
- The ability to take technical and production feasibility into account when coming up with concepts
- Mentorship: you’re motivated to share your expertise to guide the next generation of creatives
- Autonomy in using presentation and design tools (e.g. Google Suite, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Knowledge of game engines (e.g. Unity or Unreal) and their limitations
- Working knowledge of modern fighting and real time strategy games
- Desire to work with an established IP in Web3
- Deep familiarity with competitive multiplayer genres on mobile, PC, console, and tabletop
- Expert knowledge of gameplay and mechanics for competitive games
- Proficiency with Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Experience with competitive game design
- Running live ops for at least 1 year in the free to play space
- Working knowledge of blockchain and NFT technology
- Expert in fighting games and community
- Passion for the collectibles market
Why you want to work here
At nWay, we’re passionate about creating meaningful entertainment through real games with digital ownership and we’re always looking for talented individuals who share that same drive. We’re a small startup defined by a very collaborative, lean and laid back culture where everyone just wants to get things done. Our office is located in the heart of San Francisco and we’re conveniently located near BART, Muni, SF Ferry and Caltrain. We also offer medical, dental, vision insurances, FSA and commuter options. Most importantly, we do our best to keep everyone’s belly full with a fully stocked snack room plus office lunches!Register to Apply
Please let nWay Inc. know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg