The global financial ecosystem is changing. Revolutionary blockchain technology has unlocked the potential for people around the world to have more equal access to wealth and information. This transformation has begun with the mass global adoption of cryptocurrencies but like all new financial systems, it needs greater trust to realize its full potential and remain safe from bad actors. That’s where we come in. The Chainalysis blockchain data platform enables businesses, governments, and banks to solve the world’s most high-profile criminal cases, paving the way for an economy built on blockchains.
Chainalysis is on the forefront of the cryptocurrency industry and building trust in blockchains. Chainalysis is looking for individuals to source and lead deals within the corporate development function. Chainalysis serves all the different sectors and entities in the cryptocurrency ecosystem and we are looking to build a team that can collaborate closely with our product and go-to-market teams to construct strategic advantages for the business. We are looking for people to bring analytical rigor and problem solving experience to cultivate internal and external relationships and drive the maturation of the industry.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- Conduct market research, synthesize findings and work with the Senior Director of Corporate Development, Chief Strategy Officer and Executive Leadership Team to identify acquisition and investment opportunities that accelerate Chainalysis’ mission.
- Partner with Corporate Development Leadership to develop our Corporate Development thesis.
- Drive your own corporate development deal pipeline, including outreach to and sourcing of new opportunities
- Assist in the execution of acquisitions by performing financial analysis, leading due diligence in partnership with senior team members, and supporting implementation into the Chainalysis ecosystem.
- Oversee partnership and business development initiatives that increase the addressable market for Chainalysis
- Conduct ad-hoc qualitative and quantitative analyses for strategic planning, investing and integration efforts
- Contribute to improving the Corporate Development team by enhancing existing processes and recruiting and developing new team members.
- Establish strong relationships externally with the crypto and blockchain community of entrepreneurs and investors
A background like this helps:
- Experience in product management or engineering at a top tech firm
- Experience in corporate development or related fields such as investment banking, venture capital, or management/strategy consulting
- Experience managing multiple business deals at once through all deal phases
- Technical background of blockchain technology and traditional financial services markets
- International business experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills; verbal, written, and presentational; high attention to detail
The base salary range for this role is $139,000 to $180,000 on a national basis and may be higher or lower depending on the location of the role. Base salary is just one part of our total rewards package which additionally includes equity, performance bonus or commissions for eligible roles, and competitive benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, relevant work experience, skillset, internal equity, and other factors, consistent with applicable law.
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - USA
All employees are required to have or obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment at Chainalysis, unless an exemption has been approved. All employees shall be required to report their vaccine status. All new employees shall be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of their employment.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - EMEA
As an employer, Chainalysis is obliged to ensure a healthy and safe working environment. This means that we must try to prevent the coronavirus from spreading inside the workplace and all employees are obliged to follow the local regulations issued by the relevant health authorities.
- To help support a safe work environment, we encourage all employees in EMEA to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Employees will not be required to attend an event or in-person customer meeting.
- Employees in the EU and the UK are allowed to travel internationally for internal meetings to any country deemed “green or amber” by the EU and the UK authorities. All attendees for Chainalysis in-person events or meetings will be required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- International travel will only be permitted if you receive approval from both your manager and Executive Leader
- You must familiarize yourself and comply with any screening/safety protocols imposed by the entity/individual hosting the in-person meeting or event
- You must comply with any and all safety guidelines and travel restrictions established by applicable law
- If you are in close or proximate contact with others at the event/customer site and test positive for COVID-19, you must immediately notify the People Team and avoid contact with others for 10 days
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - APAC
With circumstances changing on a regular basis and parts of our APAC team going in and out of mandatory lockdown, APAC will continue to follow country legislation and guidelines.
Please let Chainalysis know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg