In 2021, the global cryptocurrency and DeFi industry has lost over $3B from hacks. The organizations that Halborn advises have suffered 0 financially impacting incidents. Founded in 2019, Halborn was born to solve the slew of adversarial problems unique to the cryptocurrency industry including but not limited to breaches, social engineering, stolen private keys, and economic hacks. Halborn's clientele is the very best of the best blockchain companies as well as new startups with high growth potential.
Culture is a top priority in our 100% remote organization. Halborn is a globally distributed team of 100+, looking to grow our elite team of cybersecurity professionals who value independence, learning, big challenges, and the ability to make big impacts in cutting-edge technologies. The right candidate will be offered a full-time salary and equity. Perks include unlimited vacation days, company laptops, and opportunities for travel. Health Insurance is dependent on the applicant’s country of residence but readily available.
About The Role
We are adding a Financial Controller to improve our organization's financial performance and direct our accounting operations. The ideal candidate will have direct experience working with high-growth startups in the Fintech space. Responsibilities for the financial controller include managing accounting records, evaluating and managing risk, ensuring compliance with regulations, publishing financial statements, overseeing accounting operations, analyzing financial data, monitoring expenditure, forecasting revenue, coordinating auditing processes, and ensuring accuracy of financial information. You will report to the CFO. This is a remote role.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Oversee the monthly close process and achieve our target for days to close.
- Ensure compliance of corporate accounting procedures in full compliance with US GAAP.
- Conduct revenue review and analysis.
- Ensure appropriate capture of vendor payments and follow up on outstanding invoices
- Manage Treasury and Cash Flow including cash flow projections on a rolling basis.
- Monitor & analyze financial data and produce financial reports & statements (including P&L, balance sheet and cash flows)
- Monitor internal financial controls and procedures.
- Improve accounting processes through automation to deliver a faster monthly/quarterly close cycle.
- Work with the team to assess and report status of existing accounting and reporting standards, procedures and internal controls to identify areas of improvements.
- Business finance including monthly revenue planning & monitoring with sales & marketing and expense planning with functional leaders
- Maintain exceptional standards for completeness and accuracy.
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
- BA or BS in Accounting and 7 or more years of on point experience as a Controller or Finance manager. Previous experience as an accounting manager or supervisor also beneficial. MBA is desirable but not required. CPA highly desirable but not required.
- Comprehensive understanding of management accounting principles and techniques
- Proven experience with standard accountancy and finance best practices, including knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- In-depth knowledge of budgeting and financial forecasting
- Strong analytical skills to effectively analyse financial reports
- In depth knowledge of principles, policies, and practices related to payment operations as well as expertise in digital payment processing.
- Reliable, extremely detail-oriented, and a problem-solver
- Extremely self disciplined and self motivated.
- Highly comfortable working with distributed teams across time zones will be a big plus.
- Strong fluency in business level English
- High attention to accuracy
- Basic prior knowledge or some familiarity with Ethereum.
- Strong proficiency in Quickbooks.
- Excel Poweruser
- Experience within a growing software/technology start-up
Please let Halborn know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg