Controller - Avalanche Foundation
Want to be a part of the fastest-growing blockchain company? Ava Labs makes it simple to launch applications using Avalanche, the fastest and most scalable smart contract platform.Founded by the creators of Avalanche, Ava Labs strives to digitize every asset in the world. In addition to building Avalanche and other tools to support the ecosystem, we offer expertise to ensure that all individuals and organizations can seamlessly use Avalanche and its vibrant app ecosystem. Join us as we empower people to easily and freely digitize all the world’s assets on one open, programmable blockchain platform
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Oversee, support, and develop the corporate accounting team to ensure accurate and timely month-end processes and reporting.
- Manage the accounting operations for areas including general ledger, digital assets reconciliation, investments reconciliation and valuation tracking, inter-company reconciliation, including detailed analysis and reconciliation of all general ledger accounts, while ensuring compliance with IFRS.
- Prepare reporting to management, auditors, and external parties.
- Develop accounting policies and procedures and implement improvements. Ensure appropriate internal controls are established and maintained across processes in all subsidiaries.
- Monitor/research/interpret new IFRS pronouncements/reporting requirements and provide recommendations on impact to the company's financial statements/policies.
- Consult leadership stakeholders on best practices related to crypto and business decision-making.
- Liaise with external auditors, FP&A, tax, treasury, legal and other functions.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Possess a solid knowledge of accounting for digital assets.
- Startup experience or experience working at a company that has scaled quickly.
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience.
- Self-driven, strong sense of ownership and highly organized with a proven ability to prioritize and execute on multiple concurrent initiatives.
- Proven experience in developing and managing internal control environment in a startup.
- Excellent communicator.
- Ability to operate under tight deadlines.
- Resides in Cayman Islands ideal
"As requested by Avalanche on behalf of Avalanche Foundation"
WHY AVA LABS?
Looking to join a world-class blockchain development team? If you've ever thought about joining an early stage Web3 company - this is it! We're a global, world-class team of experts in computer science, economics, finance, marketing, and law with offices in New York City and Miami. We're highly passionate about Web3 and redefining the way people build and use finance and decentralized applications of all kinds. The company received early-stage funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant. Join us and be a pioneer in a new technology that will have implications across a range of verticals such as finance, gaming, investing, collectibles, among many others.
Ava Labs is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.Register to Apply
Please let Ava Labs know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg