Working At Bitso
We are a diverse team that takes pride in understanding the perspectives of others. We fully embrace working remotely and we are eager to act, improve and accelerate progress inside and outside of our organization.
To drive revolutionary changes in society and make crypto useful, we delight our customers with world-class products, deep care, and intentional empathy.
As the Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for supporting businesses with its regulatory compliance obligations, including the management of regulatory examinations and compliance independent reviews / external audits, preparing and submitting regulatory reporting, maintaining and enhancing the compliance monitoring program, whilst documenting and driving changes based on finding, recommendations and observations.
As with all members of the Legal Compliance & Regulatory team, no two days will look the same and every day is a new challenge for us to understand the evolving industry in which we have the opportunity to work. The successful applicant will be a team player ready to help across the organization as business needs require.
Chief Compliance Officer
Who You Are
Failure to meet any of the following required qualifications could result in an automatic rejection.
- Proven English and Portuguese fluency
- Bachelor's degree in law, finance, business management, or a related field
- 3 – 5 years of proven experience in a compliance officer role
- Good knowledge of legal requirements and controls
- Experience in risk management
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with industry practices and professional standards
- Integrity and professional ethics
- Professional Compliance certification
What You Will Do
- Developing, implementing and managing an organization's compliance program to ensure the organization operates in accordance with the local and international laws & regulations
- Prepare policies according to local regulations
- Coordinate Compliance trainings (AML, anti bribery & Corruption, GDPR, etc)
- Ensure that the company complies with the information and documentation requirements of the authorities (Bacen, Receita Federal)
- ensure that the company complies with the Judicial orders of blocking or unblocking of accounts/funds according to its specifications
- Define the criteria, measures and procedures to be adopted in order to comply with the regulations
- Develop and review company policies.
- Coordinate regulatory audits and requirements
- Planning, implementing and overseeing risk-related programs
- Regularly audits to identify possible weaknesses or risks
- Creating and coordinating proper reporting channels for compliance issues
- Improve company compliance communications
- Implement and manage an effective compliance program
- Remain up to date on laws related to the organization and update policies accordingly
- Perform compliance audits to determine whether establish protocols are being followed and where they can be improved
- Support analysis of FIAT/digital assets transfers from a compliance and AML/CTF perspective
- Collaborating cross-functionally with other teams within the Legal and Compliance Division stakeholders on the development and implementation of new controls and technology
- Coordinate the follow-up activities of Operations and the investigations to be carried out at the institutional level.
- Verify that the corresponding AML alerts have been analyzed and the respective investigations have been analyzed and documented, which shall be recorded in files or records
- Act as the President of the Compliance Committee and report all important compliance/AML matters to the Executive Directors (Important projects, improvements, high risk subject)
- Be the MLRO and SAR report suspicious cases to COAF
Who We Are
With over 5 million users, Bitso is the leading cryptocurrency platform in Latin America. We are developing the cryptocurrency ecosystem in the region and enabling financial inclusion. We believe crypto is the future of finance, and we’re committed to making it useful by providing equal access to safe and intuitive financial products.
We are here to make a lasting impact on our customer’s lives and we do so by embracing our core values:
- Be Human: we delight our customers through great products, deep care and true empathy. We are humble and we take pride in understanding the views of others to help us see the full picture.
- Drive Change: we're fearless pioneers committed to unlocking the crypto revolution for humanity. We move fast, take risks and work together to drive lasting impact.
- Choose Bold Honesty: we seek the truth, especially when it’s uncomfortable, in our teams, products and business reality because that will uncover where we need to focus.
- Be An Owner: our sense of urgency makes us have a bias towards action, where we prioritize exceptionally and are wise in allocating our time to ensure we always deliver creative and innovative results.
Learn more about our culture and values.
Compensation & Benefits
At Bitso, you are taking the front seat on the edge of crypto innovation, creating the next generation of crypto-powered products.
So for those willing to commit, adapt and pioneer the most important change of the century we offer:
- Me Time program, including unlimited paid time off.
- Remote-first work environment.
- Employee Stock Option program.
- Zero trading fees through our Bitso app.
- Extended Family Leave policy: all birthing parents, non-birthing parents and adopting parents are eligible for a 4-months leave.
- Premium health, dental and life insurances in Mexico, Brazil and Argentina.
- Mental wellness platform.
- Volunteering days.
- Subsidized caregiving for children, adults or pets.
- Monthly stipend for gym memberships, relaxation activities, sports equipment, cooking classes, books, entertainment and more.
Want to leave an undoubtedly legacy with us? Fasten your seatbelt and join this spaceship, where you will find exponential growth and the opportunity to thrive!
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.
- This role is expected to work remotely.
Please let Bitso Brasil know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg