Slingshot Finance is seeking a Compliance Associate with experience in crypto and web3 to help support its quickly growing business. This role will start on a part-time, contract basis with the opportunity to expand into a permanent, full-time position. Join our industry-leading team paving the way for the future of DeFi and web3!
The Compliance Associate will be an integral part of our growth and will have a broad compliance mandate, including monitoring business processes, performing routine reviews to identify potential compliance risks, and helping to implement new policies, systems, and controls. Given the dynamic nature of the industry, it is essential that the Compliance Associate stays up-to-date with regulatory and compliance developments. Applicants should have relevant compliance experience.
Slingshot Finance is a startup that recently completed a Series A fundraising round led by Ribbit Capital. Our DeFi application aggregates liquidity on decentralized networks so our users can find the best prices on thousands of crypto assets. By building on decentralized rails we aim to offer unrestricted access to financial markets while allowing our users to maintain full control over their assets. Our desktop application is available at https://slingshot.finance/ and we’re releasing our mobile application soon. We’re currently expanding to help support our growing business and user base.
- Support our existing legal and compliance function on compliance and risk issues
- Help develop and update compliance, sanctions, and risk frameworks in coordination with cross-functional teams
- Assist with the development and implementation of various compliance policies, procedures, and trainings, and related resources
- Assess compliance risk aspects of new products and features
- Work with legal, compliance, and engineering to design and update risk controls and advise on risk mitigation strategies
- Help investigate potential suspicious and/or fraudulent activity
- Assist with reviewing and vetting potential vendors, partners, and other collaborators
- Support potential future registration and licensing applications
- Monitor relevant industry developments (e.g., AML, KYC, sanctions, and other developments affecting the company)
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant professional experience in compliance at a crypto exchange, DEX, wallet provider, protocol, FinTech or payments company using blockchain technology; relevant experience in the banking, securities, commodities or related industries will also be considered
- Strong knowledge of regulatory standards, compliance requirements, and industry practices
- Experience building and supporting a compliance program, including with respect to BSA/AML, KYC, financial crimes, sanctions, risk and fraud screening, system controls, policies and procedures, training, and similar topics
- Working knowledge of crypto, web3, and DeFi concepts, and related key risk areas
- Ability to think critically and to independently identify potential compliance gaps and recommend mitigation strategies
- Team player with a friendly and optimistic demeanor
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work remotely during normal US business hours
Nice to Have
- Web3, DeFi or wallet compliance experience
- Familiarity with rules applicable to sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions
- Primarily based in the United States
- Used Slingshot before!
Slingshot is a remote company and this is a fully remote role. Listed compensation range is an estimate for a part-time role; compensation is negotiable.
Slingshot is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal laws.Register to Apply
Please let Slingshot know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg