Who we are
Rain’s mission is to create the fastest and easiest pathways for web3 teams to access capital in the real world. We’re a small and mighty team of passionate builders and veteran founders building at the intersection of cryptocurrency and fintech. We are looking for a compliance professional to join us to accelerate the organization and guide the early structure and regulatory ethos of the company at the earliest stage. You will have the opportunity to deliver massive impact at a quickly growing company that is funded by some of the top investors in fintech and crypto.
We believe in an open structure, and you will be able to grow into the roles that most align with their goals. Our team members at all levels have the freedom to explore ideas and impact the roadmap and vision of our company.
Who We are Looking For
Rain is seeking an experienced analytical and high integrity compliance professional with an understanding of KYC/KYB and AML frameworks both domestically and internationally. The right candidate will possess a detailed understanding of the regulatory landscape with regards to financial products and have knowledge and experience with compliance investigations and due diligence. We are looking for high performers that can help propagate our culture of compliance. The role will allow the successful candidate to develop their expertise within compliance as well as opportunities to explore other elements of working within a fast growing company.
What you will work on:
- You will be one of the core members of our operations team with the opportunity to contribute to various pieces of our organizational growth. The person in this role will be the leader on the compliance side of things and will report directly to the founders with opportunities to grow adjacent skills
- Work with the KYC/KYB and AML compliance officer to help manage our comprehensive compliance program and liaise with all regulatory agencies and financial service providers
- Analyze and evaluate the company’s policies, procedures, products, and business practices to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Actionalize and refine KYB, KYC and AML processes and procedures based on best practices informed by operational data
- Oversee and implement all aspects of regulatory compliance programs.
- Lead the internal compliance team and oversee outside service providers
- Lead and manage regulatory examinations
- Contribute to the firm’s risk management efforts
- Monitor and analyze customer and transaction data to identify any potential suspicious activity and complete the required forms such as OFAC reports and Suspicious Activity Reports (SARS), if necessary
- Assist with the investigation of fraud and restricted activities, as necessary
- Stay up to date on all compliance-related developments in relevant jurisdictions impacting business activities, and continually refine and perfect the company’s compliance programs
What you will bring to Rain
- BA/BS required; advanced degree is a plus
- 2+ years of compliance or related experience at a bank, financial services firm, or financial technology company.
- Strong knowledge of global regulatory frameworks, including BSA/AML, OFAC/sanctions, money transmitter, and other financial regulatory frameworks
- Proven track record of complex problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong analytical skills. Effective leader and team player.
Desirable but not mandatory:
- Experience with HMT, UN screening lists
- Record of having worked in a high growth atmosphere
- Exposure to B2B credit compliance frameworks
- International compliance and reporting frameworks
- Experience deploying and implementing compliance tools and services
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Rain. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. The role is based in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes cash compensation and equity.
Our perks enable working at Rain to be a fulfilling, healthy and happy experience.
Unlimited time off 🛼Unlimited vacation can be daunting, so at Rain we require our teammates to take 10 days minimum for themselves.
Flexible working ☕We support a flexible workplace, if you feel comfortable at home please work from home. If you’d like to work with others in an office feel free to come in. We want everyone to be able to work in the environment in which they are their most confident and productive selves.
Flexible Benefits 🧠Easy-to-access benefits, for all employees based in the US, Rain pays a percentage of your benefits for the employee and for your dependents. We offer comprehensive health, dental and vision plans as well as a 100% company-subsidized life insurance plan.
Equity plan 📦On top of a competitive salary, we offer every Rain employee an equity option plan so we can all can benefit from our success.Register to Apply
Please let Rain know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg