About the job
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
We’re looking for a communications generalist to join the Coinbase communications team. This person will be collaborating across all communications channels and specialty areas responsible for both proactive and reactive communications. They will drive day-to-day efforts related to rapid response, brand, crisis and issues management. The successful candidate will support all parts of our communications function, including product launches as well as corporate and policy initiatives on an ad-hoc basis.
As a communications team member, you will have the opportunity to join the ground floor of a department in a company that is revolutionizing finance and technology. You will set and execute media relations and strategy, support executive communications and work with a broad range of internal stakeholders, partners and customers.
What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- Build and execute on a proactive product comms plan to position Coinbase amongst the most innovative and important tech companies
- Develop a proactive communications strategy for the company’s products including executive communications, speaking opportunities, earned and owned media.
- Coordinate public relations strategies, including messaging, content and media materials.
- Partner closely with Coinbase’s legal team to identify communications objectives and build narratives and communications plans that support those goals
- Manage reputational issues through sound communications plans and strategies serving as a company spokesperson.
- Be available to all members of the communications to share your experience and help with all facets of our communications plan on an as-needed basis
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- 8+ years relevant product comms experience at either a PR agency or on an in-house communications team.
- A demonstrated ability to understand complex subject matter, along with the skills needed to simplify and explain these topics for a broad audience of stakeholders.
- Experience working directly with executives and supporting executive communications programs.
- Solid working relationships with top-tier technology and financial press.
- Experience managing cross-functional initiatives involving multiple stakeholders across an organization.
- Stellar writing and storytelling skills: prose that’s clear and concise, with an eye toward eliminating jargon.
- Strategic mindset: You should bring creative solutions to every problem and never see a challenge as insurmountable.
- Grace under fire: PR + crypto equals a fast-paced working environment. You should be unflappable at crunch time, and be able to deliver a quality product under the most stressful of circumstances.
- An interest in crypto and the economic freedom it can offer. Our mission is to create an open financial system for the world - and we want you to help!
- Collaborative working style: Our comms team is small and nimble and, while we have dedicated coverage areas, we all jump in and work together to support each other when company priorities require all hands on deck.
Nice To Haves
- 8+ years relevant work experience at either a PR agency or on an in-house communications team.
- An understanding of the regulatory, security and technical landscapes influencing the state of cryptocurrency today (and tomorrow).
- Experience with financial tech, crypto or traditional financial services.
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending on your work location, the target annual salary for this position can range from $195,500 to $230,000 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.Register to Apply
Please let Coinbase know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg