Building the Internet of Money
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture Explained to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who have a long track record of building premium products for professionals and institutions as well as newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Cryptowatch, with a focus on world-class customer support and crypto education for all.
Become a Krakenite and build the internet of money!
Proof of Work
Join the Cloud Security team and help protect Kraken's assets and reputation as one of the most secure companies in the crypto space!
The Cloud Security Team plays a crucial role protecting Kraken's platform, assets and infrastructure from cyber threats, ensuring company systems are operating with the highest degree of security, availability, and durability. A team of highly skilled cloud security professionals, constantly pushing the boundaries of security, with a focus on innovation and collaboration to tackle complex security challenges.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is able to creatively work on multiple complex projects in a fast-paced environment. Curiosity, collaboration, and excellent communication skills are an absolute must, as you will be working cross-functionally with different teams, people, and ranks throughout the organization.
- Own and maintain security for public cloud infrastructure and SaaS-based tooling.
- Regularly auditing public cloud infrastructure, identifying findings, and tracking efforts to remediation.
- Partnering with key business functions to determine business requirements and inform on Security and Compliance needs.
- Design, implement and maintain container orchestration tooling that hosts Cloud Security Team software and infrastructure. Contributing to organisation's security standards for Orchestration technology
- Contributing to the development of best practices within our Security team including IAM policies, networking policies, auditing and logging standards.
- Continually improving and optimizing operational efficiency through process improvement and automation.
- Pursue cross-functional opportunities in security research as needed.
Skills you HODL
- Extensive experience with cloud security engineering
- Experience with containerization: Kubernetes, Docker.
- Experience with observability, telemetry, monitoring, logging platforms.
- Experience with security frameworks such as ISO, CSA and PCI.
- Ability to thrive in a high-growth, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
- Experience with deployments of multiple enterprise / SaaS applications.
- Hands-on technical expertise - scripting and/or programming languages, databases, etc. Terraform is a plus!
- Strong knowledge of systems administration, including security, networking, monitoring/alerting, etc.
- Deep experience with security best practices, including knowledge of leading security applications.
Location Tagging: #EU #US #CANADA #LI-Remote
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Register to Apply
Please let Kraken Digital Asset Exchange know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg