NOT BEING RUDE, YET IMPORTANT TO STREAMLINE THIS PROCESS AND NOT WASTE YOUR TIME: WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST YOU PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DON'T HAVE STARTUP EXPERIENCE, IF YOU ARE ONLY INTERESTED IN BASE PAY AND NOT INCENTIVES, STOCK AND TOKENS. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU HAVE NOT REVIEWED OUR PORTFOLIO AND HAVE AN UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT WE DO. DO NOT APPLY IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THIS AD ENTIRELY AND FEEL YOU ARE A REALLY CLOSE FIT TO THIS GLORIOUS HARD WORKING RESPONSIBILITY. PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR CURRENT/RECENT AND TARGET COMPENSATION IN YOUR COVER LETTER AND INQUIRY.
CANDIDATES WITH THIS INFO WILL BE RESPONDED TO, IF NOT, YOUR RESUME WILL BE DELETED.
Title: Chief of Staff
Type: Full Time
- Before applying…
Please watch this video about the role AND have an understanding of CEO Tony Greenberg’s background and current work. Also, please be prepared to discuss your recent and target compensation. www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMlyVjgXyH4 (In case link does not work)
About RampRate / Syzygy Impact
(Impact Initiatives & Tech)
We create alignment of purpose, people & profit in tomorrow’s leaders - both the names you know and the ones just getting started.
Profit: We nurture and connect companies that will lead the most interesting markets in the world: the metaverse, Decentralized Autonomous Organizations, Web3, health tech, and psychedelics.
People: We look out for real people in the real world. We reward our employees, connect our partners, and make friends. We’ve spent 20+ years building trust and aligning incentives to make sure everyone in every deal feels whole.
Purpose: We care about the environment, human rights, and equity. We measure carbon, protect natural resources, nurture startups that are founded on the right ideals, and nudge big companies toward cleaning up their acts.
We want you to become a connector in our ecosystem - working with interesting companies to find the right relationship between them and us and them and the rest of our ecosystem - and then solidify that relationship with the necessary agreements.
We have two divisions: RampRate and Syzygy Impact, as well as a 50% share in Menagerie.
RampRate is nuts and bolts - a global business planning & tech sourcing advisory that identifies inefficiencies and extracts value from fixing them. We’ve helped powerful brands like Microsoft, eBay, and Intel drive strategy, create impact, and optimize their tech contracts since 2000.
Syzygy Impact is altruistic. A startup consultancy, investment fund, and foundation funded in equal parts by cash & equity, it aligns teams, strategies, and ecosystems in aspiring unicorns. It scales bold ideas into market-leading companies. We're working with firms like Syntropy, Vatom, Redivider Blockchain and Social Stack, and helping them partner with the likes of XPRIZE, Verizon, AT&T, Microsoft, and 100+ others from the RampRate side.
Menagerie is a startup we’ve co-launched with one of the foremost authorities on decentralized autonomous organizations dedicated to building true grassroots communities for everyone from large content brands to blockchain projects to fitness programs to non-profits.
We prioritize relationships, responsibility, ingenuity, reciprocity, and integrity. Read our values at ramprate.com/values/. Visit our websites at ramprate.com and www.syzygyimpact.com. Our investment portfolio is ramprate.com/tonyg.
Description Of Role
RampRate/Syzygy Impact Chief of Staff is the right-hand person and force-multiplier to the CEO and Head of Operations. This role encompasses organizing and managing the CEO’s daily priorities while overseeing staff and internal operations, including accounting and human resources teams. This person will also initiate and maintain special projects.
The Chief of staff will be required to enable effective communication between the RampRate team and project stakeholders, including equity partnerships, investors, developers, enterprises, and the tech policy community in order to create and sustain value, visibility and transparency. The integration and dissemination of information pertaining to a range of areas including strategy, finance, operations, development, and more is expected.
Internally, the Chief of Staff will support the leadership team in setting strategic objectives and developing implementation plans, and will work closely with the leadership team and various functional teams to coordinate efforts in order to achieve these goals.
This position is fully remote, but the ability to travel is required. This position is a needed and valued component of a super interesting 15 person company which aims to create impact and “Elevate the Way Business Does Business."
- Support the CEO in identifying time-sensitive priorities, strategically aligning his/her schedule accordingly, and regularly monitoring their progress.
- Act as a thought partner, brainstorming & identifying solutions to challenges, and developing frameworks to help guide decision-making.
- Manage a variety of long-term, cross-organizational projects.
- Support the internal events calendar including, but not limited to, all-hands meetings, company events, and investor events.
- Apply innovative approaches in managing organizational challenges in a manner that reflects the culture and values of the projects.
- Spearhead special projects as directed by the CEO and the Board.
- Oversee meeting preparation and planning for the Board of Directors, and support the CEO in managing interactions with the board and investors.
- Provide communications support, including drafting emails, reports, memos, presentations, internal and external communications, and social media posts.
- Prepare agendas, take notes, and assign action items at strategy meetings and help the CEO to propel and monitor progress on these.
- Create/enhance/maintain “About Syzygy/RampRate” presentations and materials that are compelling and accurately reflect the project’s vision, mission, and strategic roadmap.
- 5+ years of experience working in a full-time role, preferably in wide-ranging or cross-functional areas, and an eagerness to learn new skills.
- Have supported a successful executive or have been one yourself.
- At least one year of experience working with cryptocurrency and blockchain. Experience internet routing protocols would be an advantage, but is not required. However, interest in this area is a must.
- An uncompromising ability to maintain strict confidentiality, exercise sound judgment and the highest level of discretion in handling sensitive material.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines effectively.
- Strong written and verbal communication; excellent listening skills and the ability to learn to communicate in someone else’s “written voice” to help prepare comments, presentations, and memos.
Apply if you are…
- Passionate about making an impact
- Committed to lifelong learning
- Confident about contributing to work with intention and joy
- Dedicated to the principles of trust, transparency, and openness
- A systems and process-thinker; you love creating order out of chaos
What You’ll Gain
Unique perspective across projects and associated entities: you’ll have a view across some of the most innovative technologies and projects on the cutting edge. You’ll participate in them at the exec level and support the vision and strategy-setting for clients.
Work with an exceptional team who have incredible experience, insight, and a visionary perspective on the future of technology, social impact, health care and more.
Credibility and opportunity: We are collaborating with some of the largest companies in the world. Their trust and backing is underpinning the success of the startups we nurture. You get to be the matchmaker at many marriages between innovation and scale.
Flexibility and growth potential: We build roles around the talents of our people - and seek for each person to be operating in their zone of genius. There is an open path to executive team partnership - we’re perfectly happy if you spend 12 to 24 months in this role, hire your replacement, and then take on a larger leadership role within our organization or one of our portfolio companies.
Compensation model of base plus a quarterly bonus composed of company and individual performance metrics. Pay range is open, commensurate with experience and qualifications as well as participation in employee stock plan. Target base $80-150k, may include equity and tokens for total compensation package up to $225k+ annually. Flexible schedule, and potential for growth into full COO and potential partner in the company.
PLEASE SUPPLY CURRENT AND TARGET COMPENSATION IN RESPONSE
Benefits package includes health insurance, eye/dental, disability, access to a 401K program, and a way to balance work and life.
Equal Opportunity Employment
RampRate is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, marital, familial, caregiver or partnership status, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a veteran or active military personnel in the uniformed services, arrest or conviction record, credit history, unemployment status, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or a sex offense, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.
RampRate is a global advisory firm serving impact-focused organizations.
Founded in 2000, we have been private, self-funded and profitable since birth.
We cut our teeth by radically changing how IT services are bought and sold for the likes of Microsoft, eBay, Nike Merrill Lynch and CBS.
Today, our scope has widened. Now, we solve a wide range of problems for high-tech companies.
We Are Experts In
- Blockchain solutions.
- Web3, Metaverse, DAOs, and decentralized governance.
- Tech infrastructure
- Digital media and entertainment
- Wellness and health
We Solve Problems By
- Connecting companies with advisors and partners.
- Locating funding.
- Finding and making deals.
Over the last couple of years, we’ve realized it’s time to dedicate ourselves not to just doing well, but to doing something great, and the current crisis has made this mission more urgent than ever. Our company has social impact and shared values as our number one priority. Our social impact initiative, Syzygy, helps enterprises align their operations and supply chains with the impact priorities of all stakeholders.
Our team works remotely around the world.
CREATING ALIGNMENT OF VISION
Whether it’s between profit and purpose, cost and value of tech investments, service quality and RFP win rate, or strategy and execution. RampRate combines rational, data-driven frameworks with guaranteed commitments to real-world outcomes to help both existing market leaders and emerging players make the best decisions and reach their potential for changing the world.
BIG INITIATIVES FOR BIG BUSINESS
For Large Enterprises, Including Microsoft, ViacomCBS, Nike, EBay, And More Than 100 Others, RampRate Has Enjoyed a 20 Year Track Record Of
Reducing cost, risk, time, and the carbon footprint of IT supply chains;
Building trajectory-altering strategic plans, and
Replacing greenwashing with authentic social impact.
For emerging leaders in tech, media, blockchain, and health, RampRate’s Advance practice helps innovative & impact-focused CEOs kick down the obstacles to their world-changing trajectory.
We help streamline operations, provide technical roadmaps, and go-to-market plans.
We facilitate transformational relationships with Fortune 1000 partners, influential advisors, and foundational clients.
RampRate’s commitment to impact is woven throughout our organization, from the clients we take on, to the strategies we build for them. From our foundation, which funds self-sustaining impact initiatives and superstars in tech and healthcare, through to our tightly integrated ecosystem of clients and partners.
Our goal is a new type of wealth - measured in millions of lives changed for the better rather than just millions of dollars earned.
Please let RampRate - Impact-Focused Organizations, Blockchain Solutions & Decentralized Governance know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg