Hi, I’m Kyle, the Head/VP of Engineering at dYdX 👋 I’m looking to hire a Chief of Staff
At dYdX Trading, you will have an opportunity to build state-of-the-art decentralized technology that will redefine global financial markets. By joining us at this early stage you will make fundamental decisions that will shape the course of dYdX.
→ Learn more about working at dYdX
- dYdX is founded by an ex-Coinbase, ex-Uber engineer, with a Princeton CS background. Our team has previous experience at Google, Bloomberg, Amazon, Facebook, Lyft, NerdWallet and other top companies
- We're a world-class team with top backers and advisors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Polychain Capital, Paradigm, DeFiance Capital, Brian Armstrong, Fred Ehrsam, Naval Ravikant, Elad Gil and more
dYdX is the world’s leading decentralized exchange by trading volume. We’ve raised $87m from the top investors in crypto, and I’m fortunate to have the best advisors & coach in the space. In the past year we’ve grown from 15→40 and have entered the growth stage of the company.
This Chief of Staff position is not an assistant role - you’ll have unlimited access to all my communications, interactions with the team, and thought process. You’ll be my partner in running the business and over time will take a large amount of responsibility for operating the company.
To learn more about the role, check out my coach Matt Mochary’s post and video on the Chief of Staff role.
As my Chief of Staff you’ll have the opportunity to supercharge your learning on operating startups and thinking like a founder. The experience should set you up well for success as a founder, executive, or whatever you’d like to do next!
- Familiarity with coding languages and software engineering processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent culture fit. Get along with me and the team interpersonally very well
- Highly organized
- High initiative. Founder mentality
- Great first principles thinker. You’ll be one of my main thought partners
- 2+ years of full-time work experience
- A strong knowledge of and interest in tech startups
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take on any task
- You will shadow me in the beginning, and then will take off of my plate all of the tasks that need to get done, but I don't want / have time to do
- A strong interest or curiosity in crypto & web3
- Either a consulting or founder background. Ideally both
- Computer Science or Engineering background. Ability to understand complex technical blockchain topics
Salary range for this role is $109K to $200K USD (CA, NY, or remote). Compensation subject to experience and location. Published salary bands pursuant to transparency laws, and do not include possible variable compensation such as annual merit increases, bonus eligibility, commission, or equity incentive.Register to Apply
Please let dYdX know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg