We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
This role will sit within the Business Operations & Strategy team and partner directly with our Chief Product Officer (CPO).
Business Operations & Strategy is a cross-functional team working across the whole company – including both product and operations. The team is a partner to the senior leadership at Coinbase focusing on high-impact strategic projects and data analyses.
This role will support our Chief Product Officer. The individual in this position will work directly with the CPO and Product leadership on organizational effectiveness, internal & external communications, and special projects, and have accountability for key initiatives and deliverables owned across the organization. They will partner closely with our Product, Engineering, and Design (PED) Office, a group of cross-functional partners working to make the product team more efficient and effective.
- Structure complex, ambiguous technical & strategic problems for the Coinbase leadership team
- Help monitor and improve organizational health across our product team
- Drive content creation, including design, narrative and data analysis, for key internal & external communications, including team and company all-hands, newsletters, external appearances, and the Coinbase blog
- Analyze large amounts of information and data quickly and effectively to reduce complexity and make actionable recommendations for Coinbase.
- Partner with the product, design, engineering, and business teams to use data & insights to make informed judgments.
- Steer large, cross-functional projects and build consensus with senior leadership across the organization.
- BA / BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8+ years of experience in any combination of
- Chief of Staff to a product or technical executive (product management, software engineering, analytics / DS, etc.)
- A top-tier professional services firm (management consulting or investment banking)
- Business Operations or internal strategy
- Outstanding executive-level verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills, with the interpersonal capability to ensure they are implemented
- Passion for solving complex problems, and building scalable processes.
- Comfort working in a high growth, constantly changing environment.
Nice To Haves
- Undergraduate or advanced degree in a technical field
- Previous Chief of Staff experience, especially for product or technical leadership
- Experience in cryptocurrency or consumer / B2B software
Register to Apply
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $206,125 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, you will be required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (as defined by applicable law). If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Please let Coinbase know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg