Messari is the leading provider of crypto market intelligence products that help professionals navigate crypto/Web3 with confidence. We bring transparency and smarter qualitative and quantitative analytics to the industry by combining a global research database with a comprehensive suite of data visualization and asset discovery tools. We help drive smarter participation in crypto from individuals and institutions alike.
The name “Messari” came from the Franciscan monks who declared "clean books" a moral imperative during the renaissance and pushed merchants to use proper accounting methods. This led to the flourishing of investment via "trust but verify" methods and industry growth throughout Europe. That's what we aim to do. Provide participants, investors, builders, platforms, and everyone else with reliable information to better participate in the crypto ecosystem.
Our users range from some of the most prominent analysts, investors, and crypto individuals to top organizations including Coinbase, BitGo, Anchorage, 0x, Chainanalysis, Ledger, Compound, MakerDAO, and many more.
We’re looking to hire a highly motivated Business Development Representative to help scale Messari’s Protocol Services business. This role will be involved throughout the sales process, from helping with inbound and outbound lead generation to assisting with proposals going through DAO governance processes.
This client-facing role will actively promote our services to top protocols and DAOs, and keep them informed on our existing and upcoming research, reporting, and data analysis services. They will also work cross-functionally with research and data science teams to help structure proposals and communicate our offerings to prospective clients. There will be opportunities to identify new target markets and develop strategic plans to tap into these emerging sectors.
The ideal candidate should have a strong interest and knowledge of the crypto industry with previous experience engaging with or following web3 communities via Discord or governance forums. Ultimately we’re looking for someone who’s relentless in their lead generation and able to get creative in helping us get in front of the right people to explore new opportunities.
What you'll do
- Build and maintain strong relationships with potential clients and prospects.
- Manage the inbound and outbound sales processes.
- Monitor various grant programs and DAO forums to identify new opportunities
- Maintain organization of team sales pipeline by leveraging Customer Relations Management systems (Salesforce, ProductBoard)
- Collaborate with the Messari research team to create and present proposals to potential clients. .
- Participate in industry events and conferences to network and build brand awareness.
- Stay up to date with industry news and trends
Who you are
- Strong interest/knowlege in the crypto industry, and desire to get involved both inside and outside of the office
- Relentless determination to prospect and bring in find leads
- Exceptionally personable and comfortable being the face of Messari on the phone, on video calls, and at industry events
- Self-starter who can take loose instruction and lead the process and deliverables from start to finish
- Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate, present, and debate complex problems with all levels of management
- A team player but independent and self-motivated
- Prior experience in sales or business development, specifically at a startup
- Prior work or personal experience within the crypto ecosystem (networks, social groups, or other structured interactions)
- Experience interacting with crypto protocols
What you’ll love about Messari.
We understand in order for you to do your best work, you need the resources to stay healthy, recharge, and feel like you have ownership in the future we are building.
- Competitive Salary and Employee Stock Options: Everyone in our team contributes to the success of our game-changing products, which is why we share all our wins company-wide. As we continue to succeed, stock options and a competitive salary mean you get to enjoy the upside!
- Health, Dental, & Vision: We care about your well-being so we contribute to the cost of your health benefits. Messari covers 80% of your health, dental, and vision!
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Use pretax dollars for any health care needs.
- Life Insurance: Provided to you at no cost, with coverage up to 1x your Annual Salary.
- Disability Insurance: Offering Long-term and Short-term disability to provide a portion of your income during times you are unable to work!
- Flexible Time Off: Forget accrued PTO days. We believe in the power of personal time, so we offer as much flexible time as you need. Just clear it with your team and bon voyage!
- Paid Parental Leave: We encourage you to take care of your little one! We provide 18 weeks for primary caregiver / 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
- WeWork: All Access Pass.
- 401k: 3% Match when you invest in your future with our 401K.
- Flexible working life and $500 WFH set up allowance: Work-life balance is important. Whether you want to work from home or come to our office in New York the choice is yours. To help you get comfortable working from home we’ll assist with a $500 contribution.
- Community & Social Events: Messari is a community, we work hard, and bring each other up! Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates.
- Learning and Development: We are dedicated to your professional development. We contribute $1,500 annually for you to invest in your continued education.
- Health & Wellness Perks: Work-life balance and your wellbeing are important to us. To contribute to your mental & physical wellbeing we gift you a brand new Whoop and a subscription to Headspace, as well as Health Advocacy as part of our Employee Assistance Plan.
*As Messari is a fully remote company hiring candidates around the world, our perks and benefit packages may adjust based on your location.
Join our Global, Fully-Remote Team
We believe in building services that help people around the world engage with crypto and seek out talent that can broaden how we build for a diverse, global audience. At Messari, we welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, socioeconomic status, religion, age, marital or parental status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.Register to Apply
Please let Messari know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg