Business Development Associate
Obol Labs Inc.
About the job
Who Are We?
Obol Labs is a remote-first research and software development team focused on Proof of Stake infrastructure for public blockchain networks. Specific topics of focus are Internet Bonds, Distributed Validator Technology, and Multi-Operator Validation. The core team includes 14 members spread across 8 countries.
The core team is building the Obol Network, a protocol to foster trust-minimized staking through multi-operator validation. This will enable low-trust access to Ethereum staking yield, which can be used as a core building block in various Web3 products.
The network can be best visualized as a work layer that sits directly on top of the base layer consensus. This work layer is designed to provide the base layer with more resiliency and decentralization as it scales. In this chapter of Ethereum, we will move on to the next great scaling challenge, which is stake centralization. Layers like Obol are critical to the long-term viability and resiliency of public networks, especially networks like Ethereum.
Obol as a layer is focused on scaling main chain staking by providing permissionless access to Distributed Validators. The network utilizes a middleware implementation of Distributed Validator Technology (DVT), to enable the operation of distributed validator clusters that can preserve validators' current client and remote signing configurations.
Similar to how roll-up technology laid the foundation for L2 scaling implementations, we believe DVT will do the same for scaling the consensus layer while preserving decentralization. Staking infrastructure is entering its protocol phase of evolution, which must include trust-minimized staking networks that can be plugged into at scale. We believe DVT will evolve into a widely used primitive and will ensure the security, resiliency, and decentralization of public networks.
The Obol Network develops and maintains four core public goods that will eventually work together through circular economics:
The DV Launchpad, a User Interface for bootstrapping and managing Distributed Validators
Charon, a middleware Golang client that enables validators to run in a fault-tolerant, distributed manner
Obol Managers, a set of solidity libraries for the formation of Distributed Validators tailored to different use cases such as DeFi, Liquid Staking, and Fractionalized Deposits
Obol Testnets, a set of ongoing public incentivized testnets that enable any sized operator to test their deployment before serving for the Ethereum Main net
Sustainable Public Goods
Obol is inspired by previous work on Ethereum public goods and experimenting with circular economics. We believe that to unlock innovation in staking use cases, a credibly neutral layer must exist for innovation to flow and evolve vertically. Without this layer, highly available uptime will continue to be a moat.
The Obol Network will become an open, community-governed, self-sustaining project over the coming months and years. Together we will incentivize, build, and maintain distributed validator technology that makes public networks a more secure and resilient foundation to build on top of.
Business Development Associate (BDA)
Business Development Associates (BDAs) play a vital role in assisting the business team with executing Obol’s GTM strategy. Obol empowers members of the business team to actively contribute to the development and execution of the company’s business development strategy. As the company shifts internal focus away from solely technology development and towards GTM efforts, the BDA will be integral in helping the team capture market share by instilling organization and sound practice into the business development process.
- Attend business meetings with external parties, and produce and archive meeting minutes in company CRM
- Manage top of funnel validator relations
- Conduct ecosystem research on the new and existing developments in the Ethereum staking industry, including new staking protocols, validators, and competition
- Support CEO and Head of Business with ongoing operational needs, including but not limited to, The Obol Grants Program and management of our customer outreach strategy
- Work with the Obol Protocol specialist to translate industry data to external counterparts
- Design, implement, and manage the Obol Network partnership pipeline and its process
- Manage the business operations software, which includes Airtable, Notion, and Excel
- Learn the fundamentals and economics of the staking industry, and more broadly, Ethereum and its ecosystem
What you will like about us
- Driving adoption of public goods for permissionless networks
- Developing personal networks of major stakeholders in both the staking industry and Ethereum
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Annual Global Off-sites
- Annual opportunity to attend DevCon and every other conference Head of Business is attending
- Opportunity to actively shape and refine the company's GTM Strategy
- Opportunity to collaborate with industry-leading validators
- Opportunity to collaborate with Ethereum core client teams
- 1+ years of crypto industry experience
- A foundational understanding of Ethereum and Proof of Stake
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive "go-getter" mentality
- Ambitious, hungry, and strong work ethic
- Organized and detail-oriented
🕰️ In order to scale efficiently, we focus our hiring on candidates able to work during the standard business hours of the following timezones: GMT-8 to GMT+3.
This does not mean that you have to be located in these timezones to get the job but must be able to work the bulk of your time during their standard business hours.Register to Apply
Please let Obol Labs Inc. know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg