About the job
As the Blockchain Security Consultant (Contractor) you will be responsible for overseeing a wide range of technical and security controls; and leading an ongoing program of improvement in response to changing security threats and risk.
The role requires a thorough understanding of the technology underpinning our systems, as well as broad and up-to-date knowledge of information security frameworks; applicable legislation and regulation; vulnerability management; incident management and response; secure development techniques; cyber security engineering and operations; and the management and governance of cyber risks and security.
Ideal candidate profile:
- Performed a similar role in a distributed (remote) and cloud-driven organization.
- Established and led a progressive information security function including IT infrastructure, application development, and service delivery.
- Strong information and cyber security background along with relevant formal qualifications.
- Strategic and lateral thinker with exceptional leadership credentials and a sophisticated approach to stakeholder and supplier management.
- Proven experience in managing and delivering information and security improvements across a global organization whilst managing budgets and resources.
- Experienced in leading, developing, and motivating a team of information and data subject matter experts.
- Partner internally and externally to ensure that security is designed into our products and processes from the early stages.
- Prepare and present accurate and timely information in response to audits and client inquiries; institute a proactive culture to align activities and measurement with internal policy and regulatory requirements.
- Define and refine policy and procedures around blockchain security such as key or wallet management specifically in compliance with local regulations. Ensure compliance of the policy and procedures on various teams.
- Resolve security resource requirements including budget, staff, training needs, and prioritization. Work with senior stakeholders, where appropriate, to embed security expertise in other functions.
- Provide expert counsel and mentorship to senior leadership (including on occasion the board of directors) on security and its impact across business strategy, programs, products/services, and operations.
- Develop and drive security risk analysis, mitigation, and remediation plans. Plan for and lead security incident response and recovery efforts.
- Manages incident response on our blockchain stacks for the region.
- Work with various DeFi development teams to perform security assessments. This could include:
- Blockchain protocols changes
- Blockchain function enhancement
- Peripheral toolset around blockchain
- Wallet and Cryptographic functionality on the blockchain
- Manages blockchain security monitoring tools for the US region including extending the capabilities and 24/7 monitoring.
- Help oversee ad-hoc blockchain security projects as required
- Minimum 7 years of working experience (not necessary for the full 7 years in blockchain space, but ideally should have worked in the blockchain industry). Bonus if you have a background in the Financial Services sector or similar regulated institutions.
- Experienced in security of key or wallet management
- Experienced in systematically compromise distributed systems
- Experienced in using automated security analysis tools and fuzz testing tools
- Familiar and comfortable to perform source code reviews focusing on security matter
- Experience in assessing blockchain consensus and protocols
- Understanding and hands-on experience in DeFi ecosystem (specifically in Ethereum)
- Understanding of Ethereum blockchain, Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM)
- Understanding of Layer 2 solutions and cross-chain bridge technologies
- In depth understanding of at least one blockchain
Please let Celsius know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg