Convex Labs is a decentralized innovation network - i.e. a research and development lab that operates via a digital, crypto-native platform (think GitHub meets UpWork meets Blockchain Tech!). Our network is developing an ecosystem that supports the development of new blockchain user experiences to enable the future of Web3. This development is primarily focused on blockchain protocols. We think BIG, experiment and collaborate broadly, hack for good, build with integrity, and believe "with great innovation comes greater responsibility."
What you’ll do
As a Blockchain Research Engineer, you'll work with the CEO and Convex Research team to...
Design, build, and maintain: tools and systems that apply insights from the CEO and Research team. This might look like an algorithmic trading strategy, MEV bot, staking system, mining operation, or other productized analytical tools.
Conduct thorough on-chain analysis: to collect data and uncover opportunities, inefficiencies and vulnerabilities in core blockchain infrastructure (exchanges, L1/L2, bridges, other protocols.).
Build frameworks and processes: for ongoing experimentation and reporting to the broader team and to the public.
Ideate and hack: to explore potential applications of discoveries made by you and the team.
- A high degree of responsibility and autonomy
- Intimate access to learn from and work with some of the most renowned and influential stakeholders in Web3 (Convex advisors and investors, founders of Convex portfolio companies, etc.)
Requirements and skills
- Strong academic record and a degree with high mathematical and computing content (e.g. AI/ML, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or Financial Engineering)
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- 1+ years experience in Solidity or other smart contract development experience
- 2-3 years experience in applied AI/ML
- Proficiency in coding - demonstrated interest in translating algorithms and models into production quality (high performance, high security) code
- Understanding of the various aspects of protocols/networks and digital assets
- Ability to synthesize complex topics and provide concise summaries for readers
- Strong analytical skills; experience working with and analyzing large data sets
- Experienced and comfortable with remote team dynamics, process, and tools (Slack, Zoom, etc.)
- Ability to work independently, and take responsibility and pride over your work
- You have good English language communication skills
- You have previous experience in the crypto industry, especially in research
- You have experience writing, deploying, or auditing smart contracts (Solidity or other language)
- You have an advanced level of relevant mathematical knowledge (e.g., machine learning, statistics, time-series analysis, asset pricing theory, optimization algorithms)
- You have general experience participating in the general web3 ecosystem
- You have a willingness and excitement to learn unfamiliar quantitative subjects or tools/technologies, as required on the job
- You have an ability to work well within a culturally diverse and distributed team
- You’re hungry, smart, talented, and collaborative
- You execute with speed, high standards, and contribute new ways of thinking
- You can show some historical work relevant to the role
- You can be trusted with highly confidential information and act discreetly
- You are a self-starter and hold yourself accountable
- You are comfortable with extremely high rates of change
What captures our attention
- Experience in Front Office software development within Asset Management, Hedge Fund, Investment Banking or FinTech
- Previous startup experience
- Managing or contributing to open source projects
- Published research in academic journals or otherwise
- Previous experience with blockchain forensics
- Demonstrated expertise in the areas of cryptography, cryptoeconomics, distributed systems, privacy, computer security, game theory, protocol design, market design, or AI/ML
What we offer
- Competitive salary + equity package based on your qualifications
- Health, vision, and dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- 401(k) program plus match
- WFH stipend (office expenses, etc.)
- Travel budget
- Remote Work with life balance - flexible work and vacation schedule, so long as you are getting your work done
- Career path opportunities in a great startup environment
- Tons of growth opportunity
Who we are
A collaborative, fun, flexible, open-minded and flat culture that is hyper-focused on exploring and delivering solutions that will shape Web3.
A "company" that is trying to reshape the future of work through the belief that it works for YOU vs. you working for it.
A network of individuals re-imagining innovation through diversity and global, collective brilliance.
Building impactful solutions through our passions and intrinsic motivation is what we care about most - and we are meticulously crafting an environment that enables that life for us and our network.
About Convex Labs
Convex Labs was started by former leaders of the Stanford Blockchain Club - a diverse group with 30+ collective years of crypto experience and expertise in blockchain forensics, protocol development, quant trading, organizational design, and venture capital. We are focused on unlocking the potential of builders around the world by creating the best possible environment for them to realize their dreams. Our platform generates new Web3-focused insights through deep on-chain analysis, enables project development and traction, provides funding for projects, and drives acceleration through strategic partnerships. Convex Labs is completely re-imagining collective innovation and the entrepreneurial journey.
Please let Convex Labs know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg