The mission of Trust Machines is to grow the Bitcoin economy. We've recently raised $150M to realize this vision, build Bitcoin apps, and the open-source technologies required to unleash the true potential of Bitcoin for DeFi and Decentralized Applications.
We're looking for talented and mission-oriented Blockchain engineers to join our remote-first team here at Trust Machines and help us contribute to the Stacks and Bitcoin ecosystems. In this role you'll contribute to the Stacks core protocol and work on a number of critical initiatives for growing and scaling the Stacks protocol. The ideal candidate has a background in public blockchains or distributed systems, an understanding of peer to peer networks that must be resilient in adversarial settings, and extensive testing experience. In this role your work will improve efficiency and add functionality to the Stacks blockchain and the novel consensus mechanism proof of transfer that is both energy efficient and secure by anchoring to Bitcoin.
What You'll Do:
- Improve Stacks miner implementation to increase efficiency of the Stacks blockchain.
- Further optimize the storage layer of the Stacks blockchain.
- R&D for enabling Clarity smart contracts writing to Bitcoin.
What We're Looking For:
- 6+ years of distributed systems software experience.
- Experience with one or more of the following: public blockchains, consensus protocols, large scale distributed systems, applied cryptography, compilers; any other equivalent technology.
- C, C++ or Rust development background
- Working knowledge of programming language interpreters, compilers, and static analysis.
- Working knowledge of complexities of peer-to-peer systems
- Experience working on large, complex, distributed systems such as a distributed database, cluster controllers, etc.
- Experience with monitoring and testing practices.
We'd Also Like to See:
- Experience working on or contributing to open source projects.
- Experience on a distributed team.
- Ability to collaborate with open source developers.
- Strong communication skills.
What we offer:
- Work from home
- Competitive salary based on NYC comp (regardless of location, benchmarked annually)
- Token incentives
- Open Vacation Policy, take the days you need
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Your choice of technical setup and equipment
Please note that benefits vary by country. The ones shown above are for our full-time U.S.based employees. Benefits information for non-US-based positions will be provided to individuals who interview for those roles.
Trust Machines is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply cares about building a diverse team. Trust Machines is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate based on race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Please let Trust Machines know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg