Associate General Counsel, Government Affairs
Who We Are:
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore, Dublin, Austin and San Jose!
About the Team:
The Legal and Compliance Division provides guidance and services to all areas of the company and supports business growth by working with colleagues across the business to help them achieve their goals.
Our Global Licensing and Government Affairs team, in particular, is responsible for keeping the business informed of relevant pending legislation and regulation, engaging with lawmakers and regulators, and advising on expansionary efforts into new and emerging markets.
About the Opportunity:
This is an essential role at one of the fastest-growing global cryptocurrency exchanges. The Associate General Counsel will report to the Deputy General Counsel as part of the Global Licensing and Government Affairs Team.
The right candidate will have a basic understanding of and enthusiastic belief in the cryptocurrency/digital asset space, 4-7 years of experience working for a top law firm, government relations firm, for the government relations or legal department of a fast-paced brand-name business, or in a public policy-focused role in government. The candidate should possess excellent writing and analytical skills and experience working on government relations or regulatory matters pertaining to financial services and/or cryptocurrency/digital assets.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Keep the company informed of relevant pending legislative and regulatory developments.
- Engage with and manage external advisors assisting with government relations efforts.
- Drive participation in industry groups and other policy-focused organizations.
- Where appropriate, meet with public officials and facilitate discussions between company leaders and public officials.
- Where possible, provide feedback on draft legislation and regulation.
- Advise other members of the Global Licensing Team on impact of pending legislation and regulation in obtaining licenses (including conducting research during the license selection process).
- Conduct legal research into global laws and regulations applicable to the crypto industry, including with the assistance of outside advisors.
- To the extent needed, assist with certain civil or regulatory litigation matters and supervise outside counsel
- Collaborate with product and business development teams to achieve company-wide projects and goals
- To the extent needed, manage additional legal requests from all areas of the business and effectively advise on legal concepts and legal risk with an eye towards the strategic goals of business leaders
What We Look For In You:
- Active membership with a state bar (CA or NY preferred) or international equivalent and eligible to practice in California or New York as a registered in-house counsel if not primarily licensed
- 4+ years of experience at a top-tier law firm, in-house legal team, or in a public policy-focused role in government with a focus on financial services or digital assets/crypto currency.
- Enthusiastic about blockchain technology and have an understanding about relevant legal/regulatory landscape.
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced, growth-stage and multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to effectively advise and build trust with business teams.
- Ability to build trusting relationships with government officials.
- Self-starter, quick learner who is highly driven, proactive, responsive and precise.
Nice to Haves:
- Multi-year experience working in a government relations department of a law firm, lobbying firm, or major business.
- Experience advising on or otherwise assisting with global crypto or financial licensing or other regulatory matters.
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
Okcoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Register to Apply
Please let Okcoin know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg