At TRM, we're on a mission to build a safer financial system for billions of people around the world. Our next-generation platform, which combines threat intelligence with machine learning, enables financial institutions and governments to detect cryptocurrency fraud and financial crime at an unprecedented scale.
Science is at the core of TRM's mission to build a safer financial system for billions of people. To achieve such goal, the Blockchain Intelligence team relies on a diverse set of structured and unstructured data to design, build, and support heterogeneous models to detect and prevent fraud and financial crime in cryptocurrencies and digital assets. As our platform grows, the Blockchain Intelligence team will be building a scalable foundation to propel our impact and product forward.
As a Research Scientist at TRM Labs, you will collaborate with an experienced team of engineers, data scientists, and research scientists to build scalable systems to detect, prevent, and mitigate cryptocurrency fraud and financial crime. You will be deeply involved in the technical details of building highly available and real-time risk detection services to understand the ever evolving attack vectors in crypto and to build a safer financial system for the world.
The impact you’ll have here:
- Conduct end-to-end applied research and development.
- Build prototypes of new ideas in rapid sprints. Suggest approaches and methods from recent advances in the Machine Learning / Graph Analysis / Topological Data Analysis fields, and drive their adoption within the team.
- Build pragmatic, scalable, and statistically rigorous solutions to mission critical inferential and decision problems using either existing or novel methods on top of TRM's data infrastructure.
- Work towards long-term ambitious research goals, while identifying intermediate milestones.
- Communicate with and advocate to a wide audience of engineers, managers, and executives to inform decisions on how TRM's capabilities evolve.
What we’re looking for:
- Your academic background is in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Economics or Physics. Advanced degree required.
- You have proven experience with at least one programming language (Python preferred) and are comfortable developing code in a team environment (e.g. git, notebooks, testing).
- You have working knowledge of relational databases, (e.g. SQL)
- You're able to initiate and drive research projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- You have research experience in any of the following research areas: Artificial Intelligence, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Statistics, Topological Data Analysis, Network Analysis, Fraud Detection, Natural Language Processing
- You are delivery-oriented, able to lead and execute modeling efforts from start to finish
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience in influencing decisions with information.
- You have engineered information out of massive and complex datasets (e.g. Hive, Spark, Druid, Elasticsearch/Solr).
- You know about cryptocurrencies and blockchain theory
- You authored publications in relevant technical fields.
The TRM way
- We define high-impact targets through customer centricity, prioritization, and adaptability.
- We execute efficiently to achieve our goals through good judgment, velocity, and humility.
- We elevate our team’s performance through integrity, apprenticeship, and positivity.
Why TRM Labs
- Join a mission-driven company that's building a safer financial system for billions of people.
- Do meaningful work alongside a bright and humble team.
- Develop world-class products that are trusted by leading institutions and agencies.
- Tackle novel challenges in blockchain, data science, and threat intelligence.
- We've raised $150M from JPMorgan Chase, Visa, PayPal, Tiger Global, Bessemer, among others.
- Enjoy a remote-first workplace with hubs in San Francisco, Washington, DC, and London.
- Remote-first work environment, with optional in-person offices
- Regular team off-sites and retreats
- Competitive salaries and stock options
- Premium health, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA, HSA ,and 401K programs
- Life & disability coverage
- Generous paid time for vacation, volunteering, sick leave, and parental leave
- Fitness, co-working, and home office reimbursements
- Fertility, professional coaching, and mental health resources
We encourage you to reach out even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Do not worry about picking exactly the right job; we can always explore other options after starting the conversation. Your passion and interests will set you apart, especially if your background or career is unconventional. Join us!Register to Apply
Please let TRM Labs know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg