Algorithm Developer (Cryptocurrency Trading)
About the job
Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol (a continuation of Whisper).
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 150+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization's priorities.
The Finance Team at Status is comprised of top professionals with diverse backgrounds and complementary skillsets. The team is lean and agile, having implemented substantial operational improvements in the organisation in the past 20 months in line with the evolving business needs.
With the growth in the contributor base and the project portfolio we have a need to actively manage our treasury as a separate business unit and are looking to strengthen our team by engaging an investment analyst.
As an Algorithm Developer for Cryptocurrency Trading, you will play a vital role in our decentralised organisation. It is a newly created position, and will report to the Finance Director. You will work closely with the Founders and Finance team developing different algorithms for cryptocurrency trading strategies
- Develop low-latency trading algorithms for trading on cryptocurrency exchanges.
- Write production-ready code to integrate trading algorithms with various marketplaces;
- Establish rules and create a structure for automatic management of the order book. Design rules for risk management across exchanges and asset pairs;
- Monitor the performance of the strategies deployed into production and propose their improvements.
- Collaborate with the Finance team to improve trading strategies.
You ideally will have:
- M.S. or PhD degree from a top university in Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related area;
- Experience with low-latency programming C++;
- Experience with data analysis and machine learning in Python or Mathlab;
- Prior experience in cryptocurrency trading, e.g. excellent knowledge of cryptocurrencies and their mechanisms, a solid understanding of decentralised finance instruments and strategies, and others;
- Ability to work independently and remotely in a fully decentralised organisation.
Bonus points if:
- Experience with Linux
- Knowledge of networking protocols and REST / WebSocket / FIX
- Prior work experience in a trading or investment management environment is a plus
- Prior experience in cryptocurrency trading
[Don't worry if you don't meet all of these criteria, we'd still love to hear from you anyway if you think you'd be a great fit for this role. Just explain to us why in your cover letter].
We are happy to pay in any mix of fiat/crypto.
- Interview with Angel from our people ops team
- Interview with a Ruslan, from the finance team
- Interview with Johannes, from the finance team
- Interview with Carl, the co-founder
Get to know us
We care deeply about open source software, and our organizational structure does away with a strict hierarchy and fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organisation's priorities.
- We are Remote and Decentralized.
- We are 100+ employees spread across 30+ different countries
- We are driven by shared principles and believe in complete transparency. That's why everything we do is completely public to the entire community. You can view our development, Town Halls, and conversations.
About the companyRegister to Apply
Please let Status know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg