Blockstream was founded in 2014 by Dr. Adam Back and a group of fellow cryptographers and engineers passionate about Bitcoin and its potential to change the future of finance. Focusing on building fundamental Bitcoin infrastructure, Blockstream quickly grew into one of the leading technology power houses of the industry.
At Blockstream, we’re building solutions on Bitcoin that will disrupt the existing financial system. We imagine a world where individuals and businesses can easily access a global, permissionless system to secure their money, use it every day, and invest it or put it to work. In pursuit of our expansive vision, we’ve built a full stack of innovative products on top of the Bitcoin protocol, from layer 2 projects like Liquid and Core Lightning, to end user software and hardware wallets like Green and Jade. Our brand stands for innovation in the Bitcoin community, and we’re growing our team to accelerate the future. Come join us in our mission!
Blockstream is seeking a highly motivated Accounting (Assistant) Manager to add to our world-class team. You will report to the Sr Director of Finance and Accounting to assist with the bitcoin mining operations accounting and finance activities. The role also includes ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting and developing proper internal controls.
- Perform various mining related reconciliations such as bitcoin inventory and Blockstream Mining Note (BMN) reconciliations
- Perform monthly balance sheet and income statement analytics.
- Assist in the preparation of IFRS financial statements.
- Assist with various Bitcoin transactions and analysis.
- Key participant in year-end financial statement audit as well as assist with other statutory audits.
- Research and propose accounting treatments for complex transactions.
- Develop, document, and implement internal controls and policies as well as process descriptions.
- Support government tax audits.
- Ad hoc projects and analysis.
- Minimum of 3+ years relevant experience.
- Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting with a CPA designation
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with a global, distributed workforce and a willingness to work in this environment.
- Self-motivated and able to independently manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- NetSuite and Expensify experience a plus.
Please let Blockstream know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg