Our mission is to bring blockchain to a billion people. The Alchemy Platform is a world class developer platform designed to make building on the blockchain easy. We've built leading infrastructure in the space, powering over $105 billion in transactions for tens of millions of users in 99% of countries worldwide.
The Alchemy team draws from decades of deep expertise in massively scalable infrastructure, AI, and blockchain from leadership roles at leading companies and universities like Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Stanford, and MIT.
Alchemy recently raised a Series C1 at a $10.2B valuation led by Lightspeed and Silver Lake. Previously, Alchemy raised from a16z, Coatue, Addition, Stanford University, Coinbase, the Chairman of Google, Charles Schwab, and the founders and executives of leading organizations.
Alchemy powers the top blockchain companies globally and has been featured in TechCrunch, Forbes, Bloomberg, and elsewhere.
We are looking for someone who can solve problems, build & streamline processes, and develop accounting best practices in a high growth environment. This position will be reporting to the Controller, and will play a critical role in ensuring we continue building a world-class accounting function while partnering across the business to ensure our systems and processes are running smoothly.
What You'll Do:
- As an expert in US GAAP and IFRS standards, you will be tasked with both operational accounting and reporting, including detailed analysis, reconciliation and reporting of all general ledger accounts.
- Establish effective and automated processes for financial reporting and analytics.
- Collaborate with the Controller and external accounting to bring their operations in-house.
- Review and enhancement of internal controls around financial reporting.
- Optimizing a documented system of accounting policies and procedures. Implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize the risk of misstatements, malfeasance and fraud.
- Oversees the production of monthly financial statements and financial reports for management; and can explain the business reasons over the financial results
- Partners cross-functionally with Finance, Operations, HR, Legal and other department leads
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned
Who You Are:
- Minimum 5+ years experience. Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or similar discipline
- Certified Public Accountant (highly preferred), with at least 3 years in Public Accounting (Big4 preferred)
- Deep understanding of US GAAP, IFRS, and tax regulations
- Demonstrated experience with technical accounting pronouncements, such as ASC 606, 840, 842, and 820
- Prior experience in SaaS and/or Web3
- Ability to distill complex financial information and serve as a resource for colleagues
- Proven experience in developing and managing a sound internal control environment
- Experience using accounting tools such as Netsuite, Quickbooks Online, FloQast, etc.
- Experience allocation costs across product development lifecycle
- Experience working with startups
- Passion for blockchain technologies and Web3
- A hustler mentality, founding a company or building side projects is a plus
Please let Alchemy know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg